3dsboiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he guys,

i have an old 3ds XL, with Homebrew(a9hl payload), and i was going to update it with the cia and even from the homebrew startmenu(the menuhax loader) (3ds file) and i tried to update it. Didnt work.. it couldnt find the payload. So i was googling a bit.. i found that the newest luma3ds is based on payload boot9strap... but i am not sure.
What can i do now?

Luma Version currently: V6.6

newest i can i update to is 8.1 .. all informations from the Luma Updater.3dsx v1.4.2

can anyone help me on this?

3dsboiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont get it.. they say for new 3ds users download these files... and old 3ds users? dont know what to download...

3dsboiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sry the visuals made it look wrong. got it
OK all files are in right folder.
Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  • Some versions of Luma3DS will just directly start whichever payload begins with start_
  • If your version does this, just proceed with the instructions
i did that.. but the menuhax homebrew menu opens everytime... i dont have chainloder menu...

3dsboiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okok.. works now was a bug..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Section III - Configuring Luma3DS
This section is only needed if you are prompted with the Luma3DS configuration menu after the reboot.

1. In the Luma3DS configuration menu, use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  2. Press (Start) to save and reboot

So it was showing this menu, i activates show nand or user string blabla settings... and saved/rebooted it with start button.
Now it did a reboot and i got this:

"An expection occurred"
Processor: ARM11(core0)
exception type: data abort
current process: menu (00040030000009802)

R0,R2 etc etc a table of digits..

"You can find a dump in the following file: dumps/arm11/crash_dump_000000000.dmp

Press any button to shutdown...

So why is this happening.. everything was 1 to 1 in the tutorial.. nothing what was wrong..
and i start it everytime the same error... man whats going on ;(

Ok guys i fixed that too.. by pressing select in start of the device. and activate the arm 11 bypass thingy.
So now i was in godmode etc replaced, delete copied everything which was told in the step by step tutorial.

now i am at this point
Section V - Installing Luma3DS Updater
  1. Launch FBI
  2. Navigate to SD -> cias
  3. Select lumaupdater.cia
  4. Select the “Install CIA” option, then press (A) to confirm
  5. Press (Home) to exit FBI
I Reboot with "Start" in godmode.. but nothing happened.. its just Black Screen.. how should i launch fbi?

Last edited by 3dsboiii,

3dsboiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, was was looking into the Troubleshooting area, because of the Black Screen at start .
http://prntscr.com/fqoh0v

And now it starts the original firmware of nintendo, the very old Sys 9.2.0-20E
But i can still go in Godmode(Starts on boot), or Luma Configurations(Select on boot)... is there any reason why i cant go at boot directly to homebrew.....?

3dsboiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have... after the boots9strap install it just start back the original sysndn and not the Homebrew, i have the newest, because in the tutorial they gave me the files for it... i tried to boot homebrew over the browser link in sysnand, i just get a yellow screen tried it 5 times (it freezes, so reboot is only way to try again). Man this makes me bit mad.... any way to get homebrew back working, to boot from start?

Wait i made in the configuration(over select on boot) the setting, start Emunand on booting. now it started, but every game is not back in a gift box... but the saves are still working :).... puhh
I started the luma Updater... it still says me payload is arm9loeaderhax.bin.... no idea why.. but everything is working.. except the homebrew from start.. but better for me i can start now directly to Luma 8.1...

Thanks guys for every help.. But its still strange..

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, was was looking into the Troubleshooting area, because of the Black Screen at start .
http://prntscr.com/fqoh0v

And now it starts the original firmware of nintendo, the very old Sys 9.2.0-20E
But i can still go in Godmode(Starts on boot), or Luma Configurations(Select on boot)... is there any reason why i cant go at boot directly to homebrew.....?

This is why you wait for a reply before jumping into unnecessary "fix"
yes i have... after the boots9strap install it just start back the original sysndn and not the Homebrew, i have the newest, because in the tutorial they gave me the files for it... i tried to boot homebrew over the browser link in sysnand, i just get a yellow screen tried it 5 times (it freezes, so reboot is only way to try again). Man this makes me bit mad.... any way to get homebrew back working, to boot from start?

Wait i made in the configuration(over select on boot) the setting, start Emunand on booting. now it started, but every game is not back in a gift box... but the saves are still working :).... puhh
I started the luma Updater... it still says me payload is arm9loeaderhax.bin.... no idea why.. but everything is working.. except the homebrew from start.. but better for me i can start now directly to Luma 8.1...

Thanks guys for every help.. But its still strange..

Are you sure you followed the guide? If you did you should have the newer luma updater, well you may have both the new and the old. You need to use the newer updater NOT the old 1.4 whatever one. Oh and you shouldn't need to update anyway, should have the latest luma

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well its strange because of your emunand setup.
a9hl and b9s dont really need it anymore.

however, it takes some time and moving all your files back and forth between sd and pc to get rid of it completely

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
okok.. works now was a bug..

Section III - Configuring Luma3DS
This section is only needed if you are prompted with the Luma3DS configuration menu after the reboot.

1. In the Luma3DS configuration menu, use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  2. Press (Start) to save and reboot

So it was showing this menu, i activates show nand or user string blabla settings... and saved/rebooted it with start button.
Now it did a reboot and i got this:

"An expection occurred"
Processor: ARM11(core0)
exception type: data abort
current process: menu (00040030000009802)

R0,R2 etc etc a table of digits..

"You can find a dump in the following file: dumps/arm11/crash_dump_000000000.dmp

Press any button to shutdown...

So why is this happening.. everything was 1 to 1 in the tutorial.. nothing what was wrong..
and i start it everytime the same error... man whats going on ;(

Ok guys i fixed that too.. by pressing select in start of the device. and activate the arm 11 bypass thingy.
So now i was in godmode etc replaced, delete copied everything which was told in the step by step tutorial.

now i am at this point
Section V - Installing Luma3DS Updater
  1. Launch FBI
  2. Navigate to SD -> cias
  3. Select lumaupdater.cia
  4. Select the “Install CIA” option, then press (A) to confirm
  5. Press (Home) to exit FBI
I Reboot with "Start" in godmode.. but nothing happened.. its just Black Screen.. how should i launch fbi?

I missed the how to launch fbi in my last reply, you should have it on your home screen. You don't launch it through godmode9, as for the black screen are you sure you have boot.firm on the root of you memory card(I.e did you copy or move it to ctrnanad when you did that part of the guide?)

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Update to Bootstrap9, I have an old 3DS XL too and was on Arm9loader but decided to take the plunge last week and it was much simpler than Arm9. I think the whole process took me 20 mins or thereabouts.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Update to Bootstrap9, I have an old 3DS XL too and was on Arm9loader but decided to take the plunge last week and it was much simpler than Arm9. I think the whole process took me 20 mins or thereabouts.

Already has, but was too impatient to wait for a reply and ended up on 9.x fw and emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...