• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,480
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted User

OP
so i got my wii back..
tried to solder the 4 extra points on the solderless, but i got solder on the lattice chip...so thats dead

My wii is currently 3.1, how can i update it to the 3.2 that everyone praises so much?

D

Deleted User

OP
Vidboy10 said:
get any region changer and it will install 3.2
i'm scared of that....last time i used it , it bricked my wii...is there any other way?

If not could someone give me a step by step guide on what to do with any region changer?
thanks again..

D

Deleted User

OP
f00had said:
There's a prog by Waninkoko called cIOS Downgrader, you can use that to install 3.2.
but im upgrading, and does it work on pal (3.2e) ?

D

Deleted User

OP
wanders said:
cIOS_Downgrader can upgrade as well. And, yes, it can grab the PAL firmware no problem.

How did AR-C brick your wii before?
i changed region without downgrading ios...

can i get a link to any cIOS_downgrader. and if possible the 3.2 files as well

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
wanders said:
cIOS_Downgrader can upgrade as well. And, yes, it can grab the PAL firmware no problem.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3776

run it with HBC. it downloads the files from the internet once you run the program so you don't need any additional files. when the program starts just choose which firmware you want but make sure the region matches your Wii.

edit: actually, i think you need to install a recent cIOS like rev7 before you run the downgrader. sorry i can't provide a link to that. it is against the rules.

D

Deleted User

OP
priapism said:
dnmn8e said:
wanders said:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3776

run it with HBC. it downloads the files from the internet once you run the program so you don't need any additional files. when the program starts just choose which firmware you want but make sure the region matches your Wii.

edit: actually, i think you need to install a recent cIOS like rev7 before you run the downgrader. sorry i can't provide a link to that. it is against the rules.

mmk..
well....how would i find this file and are you sure its needed? the guides i've read only say its needed if you are downgrading from 3.4, 3.3 (but no 3.1 and below).
Also, how big is the 3.2 update. My internet has been capped and i'm going at like 7kb/s...

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the instructions for the downgrader in that link that i posted. under requisites it says you need at least cIOS rev3. personally, i would go with rev7 since it is the newest. if you don't have that you won't be able to run the downgrader.

on a separate note...

check your PM.

D

Deleted User

OP
priapism said:
read the instructions for the downgrader in that link that i posted. under requisites it says you need at least cIOS rev3. personally, i would go with rev7 since it is the newest. if you don't have that you won't be able to run the downgrader.

on a separate note...

check your PM.

k thanks
I installed cIOS v7, and the backup launcher works. I'm just downgrading now, really slow though as my internet has been capped to 64k...

D

Deleted User

OP
priapism said:

on a separate note...

check your PM.

k thanks
I installed cIOS v7, and the backup launcher works. I'm just downgrading now, really slow though as my internet has been capped to 64k...

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
priapism said:

on a separate note...

check your PM.

k thanks

that takes like 10 minutes with decent internet speed so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH