235 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

259 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

50 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. 791 voter(s)
  1. CortexVacua

CortexVacua Member
    Newcomer

Swaziland
    A guy talking about reading comprehension, when he can't interpret a pretty simple poll that prooves his claims invalid with one look. For your theory to be right there would have to be a conspiracy to hide that boot9 was the cause. And that's sooooo likely.

2. D34DL1N3R
    This message by D34DL1N3R has been removed from public view by Issac, May 27, 2017.
    May 27, 2017
  3. nickwhit
    This message by nickwhit has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  4. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    Right, my point is did those people see this thread and just check only to find out they're banned or did they pick up their console to play online, find out they're banned and come here to find out more info. I'd like to know what they did either the last time they played and/or the day they got banned (did they go to play a game online, load it up, find a room to join, then bam error message?).

It could be moot but I'm just curious as to what people actually did on their consoles prior to their ban.

nitroBW likes this.
  5. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Germany
    Which means you could've been banned somewhen between 6-7pm and 8-10am

I asked this because we were pretty sure there weren't any bans for a day now, bit if we assume you were banned when you stopped playing our theory remains true.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  6. D34DL1N3R
    This message by D34DL1N3R has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Rude -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  7. Jepeto

Jepeto GBAtemp Regular

Uruguay
    I have read reports of unbanned consoles by nintendo today, i just finished looking a video of a credible latin youtuber who was one of the lucky ones, he is on b9s.

Last edited by Jepeto, May 27, 2017
  8. CortexVacua
    This message by CortexVacua has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Clean up -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  9. bubbacca
    This message by bubbacca has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Clean up -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  10. nitroBW
    This message by nitroBW has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Clean up -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  11. zombigrn

zombigrn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The N2DS isnt out yet right? If you manage to unlink it then yeah you can use it and the ban won't carry over since it's a console ban. I just doubt cfw can be installed on it since it might of had a revision on motherboard

12. rocky_2016

rocky_2016 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

how long this banwave will finish?
    [​IMG]

13. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Actually, the night of May 24th, I had all my 3 3DSes on doing nothing but thinking about updating to B9S.

I changed to B9S only on my 2 Old 3DSes. I hesitated with my New 3DS for a bit. (11.2 A9LH)

Until it hitted, 10:30pm o' clock... everybody were panicking about being banned and my 3DSes were on using nothing but "FRIEND LIST" and no ban.

The next day, only my New 3DS got banned.
    The maximum thing I could have done is to use BootNTR over a game on my Friend List.

Besides, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate doesn't let you use that NTR online. So I use it normally when I played with my friends.

Last edited by KytuzuEX, May 27, 2017 - Reason: Adding some detail on what I was doing.
  14. ItsMetaKnight

ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Chances are the "banwave" might never end as it's most likely an automatic and persistent process.

15. zombigrn

zombigrn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Did you do any gaming on the new 3ds?

16. MollyChan

MollyChan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I guess that would be a possibility...
    Would doing a new friendcodeseed, then formatting, then restoring the NAND be an effective way around it? (Doing all that with the Wi-Fi disabled, of course)

Also, I don't recall it being mentioned, does this ban affect System Updates?

Jimbolicious likes this.
  17. TinchoX
    This message by TinchoX has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Clean up -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  18. barronwaffles
    This message by barronwaffles has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Clean up -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  19. KytuzuEX

The maximum thing I could have done is to use BootNTR over a game on my Friend List when I wanted to play alone and that was days prior May 24th.

Besides, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate doesn't let you use that NTR online. So I use it normally when I played with my friends. (No, I'm not one of those hacking to molest people online)

And also, I barely use Freeshop, so I got MH Generations again in May 19th.

20. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    Did you do any system updates on any of your consoles that night?

21. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Germany
    Heh.

nickwhit likes this.
  22. D34DL1N3R
    This message by D34DL1N3R has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Flaming -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  23. KytuzuEX

Yes, only to my Old 3DSes. To 11.4 and B9S
    Those didn't get banned though.

My New 3DS, I left it in 11.2 and A9LH still...

24. TinchoX
    This message by TinchoX has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  25. nitroBW
    This message by nitroBW has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  26. bubbacca

bubbacca Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If I have a non-hacked o3DS, how would I go about getting the lfcs? Not gonna replace it yet (not even banned yet, actually), but for when the wave stops/we figure out how to stop the bans so I can have a backup. Smash 4 Glor

27. angelus kun

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I called nintendo! Please use Google translate English to spanish! I have usefull information!
    Hablé a nintendo hace unos minutos y una señorita me atendió amablemente le dije sobre mi código de error y me dijo que el baneo no era automático que hay personas todos los días verificando lo que entra y lo que sale al servidor! Y todo es verificado, lista de juegos instalados, compras y apps utilizadas, los supervisores son los que se encargan de eso solo tienen esa tarea específica, también dijo que el ban era permanente pero que transferiria mi caso a un supervisor, le dije a la señorita que como cliente estaba muy molesto ya que en Pokémon se puede recibir un Pokémon hackeado y esa podría ser la razón (la cual no es) pero en pocas palabras la cuestione profundamente sobre eso PLEASE TRANSLATE

Patuli and JMCV22 like this.
  28. nickwhit
    This message by nickwhit has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  29. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

United States
    Those not hit by the ban "yet" MYbe try using Cthulhu App here on gbatemp to wipe play history and software library after that turn off spotpass in settings and in streetpass settings turn off the ability to let others see what u play, then disable wifi and pray for the best ..

30. KytuzuEX

You need to have your non-hacked 3DS hacked in order to get that LCFS.

nitroBW likes this.
  31. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    So how did you check your Friend List on your N3DS? My brother's A9LH 11.2 gets a 002 error but it's to update the system not a ban. Are you sure that's not the case for you?

32. bubbacca
    This message by bubbacca has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 27, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    May 27, 2017
  33. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Germany
    You can use ctr-httpwn to check if you are banned on older FWs.
    You shouldn't get a 002 error because of updating iirc.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE