235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

49 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Argentina
    Uuuhhh..... is this even the right place to ask for R4 related stuff? Isn't it like ancient technology?? (That still works, surprisingly)

2. ItShoto

ItShoto Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    You can have a legit seed while on CFW...

3. TheProdigy972
    This message by TheProdigy972 has been removed from public view by Issac, May 27, 2017, Reason: English please..
    May 26, 2017 Show
  4. Gameboyandwatch

Gameboyandwatch GBAtemp Regular

United States

5. Kanakops
    This message by Kanakops has been removed from public view by Issac, May 27, 2017, Reason: English please..
    May 26, 2017 Show
  6. angelus kun

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Another facebook post, the user says his ban was disappeared on his 3 consoles received_1692954624342822.png

7. TheProdigy972
    This message by TheProdigy972 has been removed from public view by Issac, May 27, 2017, Reason: English please..
    May 26, 2017 Show
  8. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

United States
    (sorry if off topic again or just dont know how the ftpd method works) but that didn't work.

9. 3DSBurg

3DSBurg Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone tried to do a system transfer to a new, off the shelf 3DS from a banned? What happens? I know the system transfer needs to authenticate before you start the transfer, but I wonder if that's unblocked...

10. TheProdigy972
    This message by TheProdigy972 has been removed from public view by Issac, May 27, 2017.
    May 26, 2017 Show
  11. zombigrn

zombigrn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The only way would be to inject a banned seed on a good console and then perform cfw installation and what not and then put back the original seed and boom, servers think you haven't done anything to the system. Just don't run fbi on the good seed or any other homebrew and you'll be good. Maybe

12. Windylacine

Windylacine GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Ah I see... Anybody from Europe ever gotten banned recently?

13. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    if there was any good time as any to start the prelim work on an "alt-3DS wifi" nows as good as any. while yea it'd be flooded w/ cheaters and hackers, for 2 co op games w/o local, that let us play again and get around using Netflix/hulu on banned units.

14. Antari

Antari Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    That's interesting.

Biff627 likes this.
  15. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Argentina
    Most likely fake, he is not showing any of his consoles on the Friends app.

Skylinedeadline and RustInPeace like this.
  16. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    They appear to have detected modders, they are issuing bans to said modders. I mean I don't think Nintendo are as good as MS and Sony (PC has been doing this for who knows how long, Microsoft since the original xbox in early 2003 https://www.xbins.org/index.php?action=catsearch&searchtxt=XBOX&startAt=1160 and all the awful stuff Nintendo has done this go around -- the universal headers, the pokemon info sent predictably in plaintext before wifi battle selection, that this is some 4 years on and only now are they showing teeth) but they appear to be going by the same playbook. As such the ultra broad comparison of methods available and seen in the wild you tried to bring the other one up on is a valid thing to ponder here.

Speaking of being banned why do people fear them? Are they expecting this to blow over? I mean at least with the 360 a flagged machine would still have some functionality (divx decoding and such) that was removed at one point for banned consoles, here it seems you have more functionality banned than with wifi disabled. Or it is really that they don't understand the concepts involved?

They have been here before when bans were issued for consoles that have security teams and network infrastructure worthy of the name. I am sure they will be OK.

Banning users of modified devices? It has happened for years and years at this point, as a general concept it is as common as dirt and predictable as the sun rising. I doubt there will be more than an amusing joke told in a hacker conference about this.

DS R4 or one of the 3ds focused ones? Because the 3ds focused ones are often gateway clones, and that does make it a CFW of sorts.
    Equally does he participate in anything like pokemon generation/getting pokemon from others?

"We" are doing nothing other than collecting info. Those making the custom firmwares, or inclined to contribute to their development, will have to either figure out Nintendo's detection methods or do a full security audit of the firmware, and their custom one, and hope that anything they discover is the same as what Nintendo are doing. I have not especially kept up with modern 3ds custom firmwares and methods but if it was just a continuation of the earliest stuff I did see (lots of patch it until it works rather than fully understand the system and go from there) then we are in for a bit of a wait.

17. TheProdigy972

TheProdigy972 Super Smash Bros. Fanatic

Canada
    I meant us hackers fighting against Ninty!

18. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

United States
    (I'm not trying to be repetitive, sorry, but I don't want to overhaul this system)anyone know how to get decrypt9 running on 9.2 from homebrew launcher or how the ftpd method works? I tried running it then closing out then running decrypt9 but thats not working.

19. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Argentina
    I'm not a "hacker" myself, I'm your average internet joe.

20. moneychild

moneychild GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have not played my N3ds or O3ds for a long while because of school and me buying a switch. The last time I played was like way before February or January.

Anyway, have not really read anything about Gateway users being banned. So is it safe?

I got the gateway ahl9 thing installed on my o3ds and I have theme hack that runs bootx of gateway on startup on my N3ds.

21. MollyChan

MollyChan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I had a question that kiinda got buried under several pages of posts, so I'll ask it again
    Was it said whether transferring your data from a CFW console into a new, OFW console, will let you keep your official game savedata and NNID and all that from the old banned console on a new, unbanned one WITHOUT risk of getting banned again? (Assuming the CFW console erased all traces of homebrew software on the Activity Log before the transfer)

22. TheProdigy972

TheProdigy972 Super Smash Bros. Fanatic

Canada
    Your on GBA Temp Right? So you are a hacker too!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is the longest thread i've ever seen!

23. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Argentina
    Nothing that's not strictly playing Nintendo Cartridges is considered "Safe" anymore... or well it was never safe, like, at all, ever.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OH really? Will you look at that, I'm a h4x0rz!! xD

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    moneychild likes this.
  24. DashAhead

DashAhead GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What CFW are you using?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE