Update+MyAk2i=Dead?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Narblet, May 27, 2011.

May 27, 2011

Update+MyAk2i=Dead? by Narblet at 10:46 AM (600 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Narblet
    OP

Newcomer Narblet Member

United States
    So basically I updated my ak2i from 1.8.6 to 1.8.7, and then it made my ak2i get a black screen. After going to the akiao forums and downloaded it, I tried to put my ak2i into the ds, and four hours now it's been unable to show up on my ds. If it's of any significance, the ak is genuine and old. The golden strips on the back have black lining on them that seems like something dirty but they can't be cleaned off. The two end strips are extremely dark compared to the rest. A few of the inside strips also have tears at the end. The holes on top are fine though.
    Is the ak not showing up because it's in this condition which I can't seem to clean?

2. L551

Member L551 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First, try blowing out the cartridge slot on the NDS with an air canister if available. Don't want to get moisture in there. Sometimes helps with detection.

Also try the paper trick, to see if it's just a contact issue. http://gbatemp.net/t231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues

I had a scenario where my AK2i lost it's flash, so I had to run the updater from another card (DSL one) and re-flash it to get it to show up again. You could try that, depending on if your AK2i version supports it. I believe it's HW44 that have the incompatible update? Correct me if I am wrong.

3. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    The post above me tells you pretty much everything to do. Also downgrade again to see if it works? Has it played up before? You could try redownloading and check you didn't delete any files accidently aswell. It might be a contact issue, and also check the SD and your Acekard are both inserted properly.

4. Narblet
    OP

Newcomer Narblet Member

United States
    I have tried all of the above. The ak still won't pop up. Still at nothing inserted. I think it's time for me to get a new one.