Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U 5.3.2
Using Loadiine GX2
Blocked DNS to not allow Wii U to communicate with Nintendo

I have a legit copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U, and I want to update it.
I tried using NUS grabber GUI and couldn't get it to show any games.
I recently tried Uwizard but got this message which I dont understand.

A ticket is required to decrypt the contents, but a ticket for this title is not available on Nintendo's server. Would you like to select a ticket file to use? The ticket in a Wii U game disc for the same game from NUS is found in "system\02\title.tik".

Most video tutorials I found only update games that are on an SD Card, and not from a Game Disc.

Sorry If this has been posted before.

aspire78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have also Smash disc, just use NUS Graber GUI, update your server liste, download latest update
that will craate folder with updates files,

you copy all files to your SD card into folder "install"

and you run wupinstaller twice and you wait 40-50 minutes at least

RandoSterling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update the Server List?

This is all I see when I open the program

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 630
Last edited by RandoSterling,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use WUPInstaller over and over again without success. I have downloaded all the files from new-nusgrabbergui (latest on MarioKart 8). I then put all the files into sdcard\install. I'm spoofed to 5.5.1 so I know the installer works. When I launch wupinstaller it takes me to the menu with the "close software" button. If I hit home or back or anything I immediately get a black screen with "error 0x0000000...". I've let it sit on that screen for over 2 hours. The data management screen always tells me that there is corrupt data to delete but I never see any data for Mario Kart 8.

aspire78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have tried to use WUPInstaller over and over again without success. I have downloaded all the files from new-nusgrabbergui (latest on MarioKart 8). I then put all the files into sdcard\install. I'm spoofed to 5.5.1 so I know the installer works. When I launch wupinstaller it takes me to the menu with the "close software" button. If I hit home or back or anything I immediately get a black screen with "error 0x0000000...". I've let it sit on that screen for over 2 hours. The data management screen always tells me that there is corrupt data to delete but I never see any data for Mario Kart 8.
do you run twice wup ? or you run kexploint and then wup ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I update the Server List?

This is all I see when I open the program

https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-the-new-nusgrabbergui.411228/

aspire78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,566
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,607
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,563
Reactions: RandoSterling

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Kafluke,

RandoSterling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after downloading, put the content of 00xxx folder to you SDcard: install folder

So I downloaded like you said and I followed some of the steps in the link you provided.
The file I got was 00xxx and inside there was no "content" folder as some video told me there would be. Do I need to decrypt it or leave it as is.

Do I just place the files like the steps said:
So, if your SD Card was mounted as the F: drive, then one example of the files should look like this: (F:\install\00000001.app)

F:\install\00xxx\ or just straight f:\install\

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded like you said and I followed some of the steps in the link you provided.
The file I got was 00xxx and inside there was no "content" folder as some video told me there would be. Do I need to decrypt it or leave it as is.

Do I just place the files like the steps said:
So, if your SD Card was mounted as the F: drive, then one example of the files should look like this: (F:\install\00000001.app)

F:\install\00xxx\ or just straight f:\install\
No subfolders inside of \install. Just drop all the files in there.

Reactions: RandoSterling

RandoSterling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta be honest, I don't really notice a difference if there was an update or not.
Is there a way to get all the DLC?

Question: Do you need to keep those update files on the SD Card or can I just delete them now?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta be honest, I don't really notice a difference if there was an update or not.
Is there a way to get all the DLC?

Question: Do you need to keep those update files on the SD Card or can I just delete them now?
If the update is successful you'll see the game update in the data management screen under settings and no you don't need them on the SD after a successful update

Last edited by Kafluke,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay got it working. Here's the steps I used on my 5.4 spoofed to 5.5.1

1. Download latest update using new-nusgrabbergui
2. Move downloaded files to sdcard\install
3. Ran kernel exploit through locally hosted HTTP
4. Used this build of WUP Installer http://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-inst...fing-5-3-2-5-4-0.397053/page-123#post-6080452 thanks @skalienx!
5. After launching WUPINstaller I hit the home button. Instant Freeze!
6. Let sit for about an hour (500MB install)
7. Hard reset. The data is there!

Last edited by Kafluke,

aspire78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Okay got it working. Here's the steps I used on my 5.4 spoofed to 5.5.1

1. Download latest update using new-nusgrabbergui
2. Move downloaded files to sdcard\install
3. Ran kernel exploit through locally hosted HTTP
4. Used this build of WUP Installer http://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-inst...fing-5-3-2-5-4-0.397053/page-123#post-6080452
5. After launching WUPINstaller I hit the home button. Instant Freeze!
6. Let sit for about an hour (500MB install)
7. Hard reset. The data is there!

3 = Run Wup Installe twice, don't run Kernel Exploit

What type of SD do you have ?

I spend un update for 2 GB with 1h and it was ok

Last edited by aspire78,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 = Run Wup Installe twice, don't run Kernel Exploit

What type of SD do you have ?

I spend un update for 2 GB with 1h and it was ok

I don't run WUP installer twice because the built in exploit never works for me. I just run the standalone non loadiine kernel first which works 9 out of 10 times for me.

I don't know how long 500 MB's takes to install so I just let it sit forever since nothing was working before that. I may have only needed a few minutes. I don't know

Reactions: aspire78

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use WUPInstaller over and over again without success. I have downloaded all the files from new-nusgrabbergui (latest on MarioKart 8). I then put all the files into sdcard\install. I'm spoofed to 5.5.1 so I know the installer works. When I launch wupinstaller it takes me to the menu with the "close software" button.

You need to launch Internet Browser a second time and launch WUPInstaller again a second time. One time is not enough. After the second time, you hit home button and let your console sit. Make sure it's not set up for auto-shutoff after two hours as the latest smash update takes roughly 3 hours to install through WUP installer. A good rule of thumb is it will install 250MB every 15 minutes, so 1 hour per 1GB.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to launch Internet Browser a second time and launch WUPInstaller again a second time. One time is not enough. After the second time, you hit home button and let your console sit. Make sure it's not set up for auto-shutoff after two hours as the latest smash update takes roughly 3 hours to install through WUP installer. A good rule of thumb is it will install 250MB every 15 minutes, so 1 hour per 1GB.
You don't HAVE to run the WUP Installer twice. You just need to run it twice if you haven't already loaded the kexploit. You can use the original kexploit and then launch WUP Installer just once and it will load. Launching WUP installer first only checks to see if the kernel has been exploited. If it already has then it moves on and loads up WUP Installer. If it hasn't been exploited yet it first tries to run the race attack. If that fails then you have to keep trying over and over again until you end up at the home screen. I prefer to use the other kexploit first because it works 9 out of 10 times for me but with WUP Installer I have to launch it 6 or 7 times before it actually successfully expoits and starts up.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't HAVE to run the WUP Installer twice.

I see, I've been launching kexploit and then WUP installer twice after that! I haven't had the issue you mention though. Have you tried grabbing the update files via regular NUSgrabber CLI and not the NewGUI version? Could be something @FoxMcloud5655 needs to look into for that update.

Last edited by Maximilious,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily