Hacking Update from Team Cyclops!

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
So.....OzModChips slipped up this morning and posted that they received an email from TC stating that the new cart can run DSi code. OzModChips then editted the post removing this information. THIS is good news if it is true. I seriously hope so. If this is true, everyone will be buying this new cart. Who knows if this is true or not, but lets hope the cracked DSi mode is going to be on the iEvolution. This will BLOW THE MINDS of the DSTWO fanboys!

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If TC has really cracked DSi Mode (or bought an existing, unreleased crack by someone else) then I guess it explains why they've pushed this out now, and perhaps why there was a delay in the first place.

Good news if true. It'd shut the haters up, also; and make them look kinda silly.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Christ...

1 - Key word was "sales team".

2 - "Ah, I see why he removed it, as the confusion with DSi-enhanced titles that use no DSi features when run from a flash cart could have caused what they were saying to be misinterpreted."

Removed info is generally removed for a reason. The reason being it shouldn't be posted publicly, especially in this case where it might not be correct.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Christ...

1 - Key word was "sales team".

2 - "Ah, I see why he removed it, as the confusion with DSi-enhanced titles that use no DSi features when run from a flash cart could have caused what they were saying to be misinterpreted."

Removed info is generally removed for a reason. The reason being it shouldn't be posted publicly, especially in this case where it might not be correct.
Who cares if it is correct or not? That is what the discussion is about. We will find out for sure from TC when they make a formal announcement of features.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
'Cause it'll cause people to think it's real, and one of two things will happen if it's not.

1 - They'll find out and accuse the team of lying.
2 - They'll buy it and be pissed off.

Neither is good!
Thats why I said wait for an official announcement. We are going by a resaler deleted post. So who knows if its real or not.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shane, agreed..
Also hoping they can fix the forum so I can post there again!!

I'm sick of this damn error I get whenever I try to post/reply since the forum came back to life
frown.gif

QUOTE said:
mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 408 Database error The Team Cyclops Forums database has encountered a problem.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but even if they cracked DSiMode...what's the point if no one else has it? You won't be able to code things to use DSiMode...as...we haven't cracked it yet. Team Cyclops is late, underwhelming, and pulling a stupid marketing ploy. Should've just waited for the 3DS to come out and dedicate themselves to cracking that thing.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Sorry, but even if they cracked DSiMode...what's the point if no one else has it? You won't be able to code things to use DSiMode...as...we haven't cracked it yet. Team Cyclops is late, underwhelming, and pulling a stupid marketing ploy. Should've just waited for the 3DS to come out and dedicate themselves to cracking that thing.

you kidding? this would open up so much possibilities. just because there isnt anything now we can do doesnt mean that there won't. i mean really, eventually we will have a dsi sdk. team cyclops could even be working on one

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Sorry, but even if they cracked DSiMode...what's the point if no one else has it? You won't be able to code things to use DSiMode...as...we haven't cracked it yet.
Lolwut?
Homebrew would be automatically able to use the new features, and I'm sure popular SDKs would be updated to make it easy for any coder. The wifi injection exploit was made by one of the SDK programmers, and in his blog he stated he already made some updates to his SDK to allow it to use the full DSi RAM and such in case it's fully-cracked.

If it happens, people WILL use it.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If TeamCyclops managed to fully cracked DSi mode, then homebrew can automatically use it (provided that it TC releases SDK).

Also Rydian, a full DSi RAM does not mean DSi mode is cracked. You still need access to SD, Camera, increased CPU speed, WPA before it is consider cracked.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shanefromoz said:
How about an update for the old cyclo ds first then worry about this new cart.

I know right! This is really the only thing I care about at this point. I don't have a DSi and don't need a DSi cart. My regular CycloDS in my DSlite DOES need an update.

Yes, yes, release the CycloDSi, that's all well and fine and I hope they do well with it, but don't lag on updates for the old cart. I mean what, are they working IN the factory and running the assembly machines themselves or something? Maybe they should consider hiring a few more people if they are stretched so thin that they can't release a simple update for their existing cart. I may not be any kind of programmer, but it obviously isn't THAT difficult to fix the games since it's being done all the time by other cart companies. Even people not associated with any company have released multiple updates since TC's last. Carts with no official team at all anymore(R4) are more compatible than the CycloDS is right now. We need an update sooner, rather than later.

The way they made it sound in the last announcement, it sounded like they plan on jacking us around for an update until after the CycloDSi launches. That would suck.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Also Rydian, a full DSi RAM does not mean DSi mode is cracked. You still need access to SD, Camera, increased CPU speed, WPA before it is consider cracked.
Those come as part of DSi mode as does the full RAM.
tongue.gif
I was giving that as an example of an SDK change being done early (as that's a far easier change than the other new features).

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
People who are bashing Team Cyclops for releasing a DSi cart so late are just afraid, that the Cyclops iEvolution might be superior to their "all mighty" SuperCard DSTWO and that they might wasted a bunch of money. So they are making Team Cyclops down tohide their fear, lol.
Don't forget the last part! Team Cyclops is trying to take over the world after all.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Regarding the iEvolution, just wait and hopefully there'll be an announcement with a list of the carts features.

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This DSi cart better be damn good if it's going to be expensive as the original Cyclo.
Speaking of the original Cyclo, why hasn't the price dropped and why hasn't a new update been released?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
'Cause it'll cause people to think it's real, and one of two things will happen if it's not.

1 - They'll find out and accuse the team of lying.
2 - They'll buy it and be pissed off.

Neither is good!
Exactly why I didn't include it in my post. Also, the post above mine already revealed it.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
QUOTE said:

Apologies for the lack of recent news and updates.

We have been hard at work on our new Cyclops iEvolution device for DSi and DSi LL/XL consoles (DS/DSL also supported). The product boasts all of the features of the original plus a few new features which are certain to appeal to many users. The product should ship in the second week of December, just in time for Christmas! More news and photo’s coming very soon…..

In the meantime we are also working on a new software release for the regular Cyclo Evolution to enhance compatibility for newer titles. We will post further news closer to the release date, announcing what improvements have been made. Thanks to all our loyal customers for their ongoing support!
Quote from: http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl

A bit late but still...
TOO LATE!
I'VE MOVED ON TC! You guys too long I'm sorry, if this device isn't under $30 I will NOT be getting it.
I hope you have something planned for the 3DS though.

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it me or has the site gone down again? I've just tried getting on the the site and its forums seems to have gone down too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...