Hacking Update from Team Cyclops!

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had over 2,000 posts. And I was a moderator.
closedeyes.gif

Spam bots have started attacking...

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't get a confirmation email either. I had to change my email in User CP, which then made my new email address get sent a confirmation email.

I hope they restore a more recent backup to the forums.

Edit: After 10-15 minutes I recieved a confirmation email on my original email account.

Foxfire Inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the people that are saying that Team Cyclops should focus on the 3DS are foolish.

First of all, nobody's gonna even be able to do anything in terms of making a 3DS-compatible emulator or flashcart until the 3DS comes out. They'll need to take it apart and see how it ticks. Learn what's new, what's been changed, what the new piracy-protection is and the hows & why's of it's operation. Until they get a 3DS in their hands, that won't be possible.

Also, you guys saying that are obviously either new or forgetting just how long it TAKES to make an emulator/flashcart for a new system. Generally, when a new system is released (not counting upgrades like DS to DSi) it takes about 1-2 years minimum before you'll see a working, publicly released application or hardware capable of playing rom files. It's been the same on all systems from all big 3 companies and then some and this won't be different.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who remembers when ZSNES was still in it's beta stages and has been a part of the NGemu community for longer than I can remember now. This is a format that hasn't changed.

Moral of the story: If a working emulator usable on the computer that actually "played" the games was released to the general public or a flashcart gets released that works in playing the games BEFORE THE END of 2011, I would be extremely shocked and amazed. Unfortunately, history would dictate that that is a highly unlikely possibility.

tuta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Foxfire Inferno said:
All the people that are saying that Team Cyclops should focus on the 3DS are foolish.

First of all, nobody's gonna even be able to do anything in terms of making a 3DS-compatible emulator or flashcart until the 3DS comes out. They'll need to take it apart and see how it ticks. Learn what's new, what's been changed, what the new piracy-protection is and the hows & why's of it's operation. Until they get a 3DS in their hands, that won't be possible.

Also, you guys saying that are obviously either new or forgetting just how long it TAKES to make an emulator/flashcart for a new system. Generally, when a new system is released (not counting upgrades like DS to DSi) it takes about 1-2 years minimum before you'll see a working, publicly released application or hardware capable of playing rom files. It's been the same on all systems from all big 3 companies and then some and this won't be different.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who remembers when ZSNES was still in it's beta stages and has been a part of the NGemu community for longer than I can remember now. This is a format that hasn't changed.

Moral of the story: If a working emulator usable on the computer that actually "played" the games was released to the general public or a flashcart gets released that works in playing the games BEFORE THE END of 2011, I would be extremely shocked and amazed. Unfortunately, history would dictate that that is a highly unlikely possibility.

I agree absolutely with this it's like the psp transition from devhook to a fully working CFW that took 1.5 yrs

As a cyclo user I never regretted jumping to the cyclo wagon and I seriously don't give a damn about the enhanced cpu or ds emulation(Snes Emu over hyped cart cpu to ds slowdown) and video playback(videos on the go was a hassle in the first place with converting and all).
I just want them to complete the beta(new GUI) firmware and keep what all carts claim in the first place "clean rom support"

D

Deleted-236924

When I try to go to the forums, it says they are undergoing maintenance and the forums aren't accessible.
How do you even see it?

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I should have known it was the team cyclops version of 'soon'
tongue.gif

Shame on me for getting my hopes up. TBH I wouldn't be at all surprised if no update or card ever came out at this point.

At the very least I'm guessing we have to wait until the second week of December..

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I miss the time (beginning of this year actually) where Cyclods released new update every 1/2 week >.<
I hope they are waiting for golden sun so we can get it work on our beloved flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1