Homebrew Update from Disc with Spoofed Wii U?

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm one of the few people (if any) still on 5.3.2. Don't ask why. It's pretty much superstition at this point, because I've been burned by updating too soon before. But now that Color Splash has been found to have the 5.5.1 update on the disc, I was relieved because my town has a local rental chain. If IOSU is released, and it's first released for 5.5.1, I could just rent Color Splash and update from disc. But I just remembered my system is spoofed, and the spoofing blocked Mario Maker's update, as well as Twilight Princess HD, etc. So my question is this: Since spoofing cannot be undone, is it possible to update my system from a disc at all, or do I have to update from Internet now? If I have to do it from Internet now, then I'll probably go to 5.5.1 as soon as possible.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iosu has already been released quite a while ago. There is also a method to download games and install them to usb. Updating to 5.5.1 is recommended as everything works on that firmware. As for the update, try doing an online update and see if that works

Last edited by uribemaster,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm one of the few people (if any) still on 5.3.2. Don't ask why. It's pretty much superstition at this point, because I've been burned by updating too soon before. But now that Color Splash has been found to have the 5.5.1 update on the disc, I was relieved because my town has a local rental chain. If IOSU is released, and it's first released for 5.5.1, I could just rent Color Splash and update from disc. But I just remembered my system is spoofed, and the spoofing blocked Mario Maker's update, as well as Twilight Princess HD, etc. So my question is this: Since spoofing cannot be undone, is it possible to update my system from a disc at all, or do I have to update from Internet now? If I have to do it from Internet now, then I'll probably go to 5.5.1 as soon as possible.

You have tried to update from disc with a spoofed console and it doesn't work?

It sounds like you have your answer.

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? Has Salt Team released their stuff yet? I'm not using the stuff that's been floating around lately. It's not ready for primetime. Definitely not user-friendly enough for me. I'm fine waiting for a more easy to use release.

Last edited by Ailuros27,
D

Deleted-379826

Oh really? Has Salt Team released their stuff yet? I'm not using this half-baked stuff that's been floating around. It's not ready for primetime.
Salt has not released their stuff and what's out works just fine. You should still update in preparation though, they WILL release on 5.5.1

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? Has Salt Team released their stuff yet? I'm not using this half-baked stuff that's been floating around. It's not ready for primetime.
Call it what you want, but it's safe for use right now. I have a lot of respect for Dimok, and his IOSU fork works great.

If Salt's stuff is better then I'll switch when/if it's released.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I didn't mean to imply it was lesser. Just a little too complex and easy to accidentally screw up for my taste. Plus there's not a lot to do with it at the moment, at least not that I can't already do in some form.

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah. I didn't mean to imply it was lesser. Just a little too complex and easy to accidentally screw up for my taste.
Not complex at all, time consuming but EXTREMELY EASY. And it really isn't easy to mess up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh