Hacking Update firmware?

carmulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a detailed instructions on hoe to update my firmware. (In order to play the new pokemon i need to) I had someone give me these instructions

To update the firmware you have to download the latest installation package from here: http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

Unzip it and look in the G6 Loader directory, choose the correct language for your G6 and copy the two sys files to the root of the card, and to the AB select start combination.

'But this was too vague because i dont i don't know where the G6 directory is or what two system files he is referring to. I also am clueless about what the rot of the card is and how to copy the files to the thing called "the ABselect start combination" any help is appreciated.

Thanx

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
Steps:
=====

1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6 U-Disk drive.
(These are the files in the "G6 full installation PC V4.7 + loaderV4.7" folder under "G6 loader" -> "English")

2)Entering into GBA mode.
(When the green text appears when you go to the GBA screen hit a+b+select+start)

3)Select the "G6update" icon and press the "A" to run the update program.

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Double-click on the drive in My Computer. That is the root directory. There should be a "DS" folder and a "GBA" folder. Do NOT paste the two files in any of the folders. Paste them so that they are listed beside the two folders.

The root directory is the highest level of the drive's file "tree". It's where everything starts, which is why they call it the 'root'.

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We all start somewhere!
smile.gif

carmulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i loaded the files on the loader and did the AB+start+select thing but it asks if i want to reload and has no g6update on it. i even tried with the reload and it froze.

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you may be running the format command instead of the update command. If you go into GBA mode, there should be a "G6 Update" icon. Choose that and follow the instructions.

carmulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says Do you update system? then i have a mouse cursor (that i direct with the controls) where i can either select yes or no.

carmulus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been about five. After I selected yes a green 2 appeared right in the middle of the yes and its beent here for a while

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you should have gotten a series of asteriks while it updated, like this:

Review this entire post and double-check that your files are in the right place.

I notice others in this thread viewing, feel free to offer any suggestions you have. This should be pretty straight forward, this is how I update and it always runs smoothly.

1. Copy the two .sys files into the root of the G6 drive.

2. Turn on your DS and go into GBA mode.

3. Choose the "Update G6" icon, and choose update, then wait.... after a short while it should tell you the update was successful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection