Update Failure

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Blazer, Jan 12, 2013.

Jan 12, 2013

Update Failure by Blazer at 11:51 PM (283 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Blazer
    OP

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was (finally) updating my 3DS and downloaded some stuff off of the Supercard website, and transferred it over... but since I have absolutely no idea what's what and don't live in this world of flashcarts and whatnot, I think I only updated the EOS (and applied some patch... >_<) and not the firmware before upgrading my 3DS system. I was confused by the fact that it didn't work and looked into it and my guess is that well, I was supposed to update the firmware before updating the software, but I made a stupid mistake and updated the EOS whatever the hell that is idgaf instead.

That being said, is there anyway to fix things up now? My basic understanding is "for the SCDS2 to update the firmware it has to be working already so if it very system that needs to be updated isn't working then it can't be updated". And some research makes me think that I'd need to somehow get ahold of someone else's DS (as if I actually know anyone who actually has them anymore... and to think I gave away BOTH of mine, urghhh) and update the firmware there, then use the SCDS2 on my 3DS and it should work?

Pretty much what I'm asking is if my understanding of this is correct and if there's any other way to remedy things.

(Also, please don't be an ass and rub it in that I installed the EOS and not the firmware. Shit happens, and I've had a long day. I'm mad, yeah, but in the end, I just want to fix it ASAP. And if I can't, well, I have plenty of other shit to do besides play video games anyhow. :|)

Thanks,

Blazer

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. Blazer
    OP

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, that's really useful, thanks. Gonna have to try it once I get my computer to recognize my microSD again... >_>' will edit this post with results in case I need more help XP

EDIT: doing it made me nervous as heck, but it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot. *sigh of relief*