Homebrew Update EmuNAND?

Guimigli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys. I have an o3DS with a 9.2 SysNAND and a 10.7.0-32U EmuNAND. The system says that there's a new system update everytime I turn the console on (booting on EmuNAND, of course) and whenever I try to access eShop (I'm not even sure I can access it, but anyway). If I want to use the eShop and/or play games online, I need to update my EmuNAND, right? Is it safe to update directly from the settings menu or do I need to do something else? What about updating the games? Couldn't find a definitive answer looking around, can someone help? Oh, and my NANDs are unlinked(is that the right term?), just so you know. Thank you.

Guimigli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update from system settings app within EMUNAND, make sure it says RX-3D/EMU/Etc whatever is not ver.

What cfw do you use? it's best you switch over to luma/cakes if you're still using the outdated RXTOOLS.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Sorry, forgot to mention. I use RX-Tools. Actually, the 3DS is not mine, it's my girlfriends. She only uses it to play casually and don't mind the console the way it is now, while I don't know much about homebrewing and stuff, so I'm afraid of switching anything unless there's a real need and all. So, to be sure, it's always (at least for now) safe to update my EmuNAND from system settings app? And what about updating the actual games? Is it safe to udpate them from the eShop as well, or should I just install a new CIA of the updated version (or a CIA for the update, on that matter)? Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Guimigli,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, forgot to mention. I use RX-Tools. Actually, the 3DS is not mine, it's my girlfriends. She only uses it to play casually and don't mind the console the way it is now, while I don't know much about homebrewing and stuff, so I'm afraid of switching anything unless there's a real need and all. So, to be sure, it's always (at least for now) safe to update my EmuNAND from system settings app? And what about updating the actual games? Is it safe to udpate them from the eShop as well, or should I just install a new CIA of the updated version (or a CIA for the update, on that matter)? Thank you for your time.
You can treat your emunand, and all of it's in region games completely normal, though make sure you use system settings to update, and not the prompt to update upon boot, as that will update sysnand. Update out of region games with their respected cias

Guimigli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can treat your emunand, and all of it's in region games completely normal, though make sure you use system settings to update, and not the prompt to update upon boot, as that will update sysnand. Update out of region games with their respected cias
I see. Thank you. Everything went normal, as you said.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Switching to Luma3ds is as simple as moving a few files along in the SD card and that's it. Provided you use menuhax/hbl manager as your entrypoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Wouldn't that be a bit sweet?