Hacking Update EmuNAND on Luma3DS

xHomerOx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I successfully installed Emu 9.x.x.x and i want to update to latest version without compromising my sysNAND. I tried with the updater but it fails in some cases and i don't want to use the system update from 3DS.
My CFW is Luma 5.5, could you give me some tips of how to install Emu 11.0.0-33U into my system? Thanks in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should enable "Show current NAND in System Settings" in luma config (hold select when launching it for config)

you should unlink emunand and sysnand if you haven't. this shouldn't update sysnand somehow, but better to do it anyway.

system settings -> make sure version reads "Emu" instead of "Ver." -> other settings -> system update

don't close out of system settings or it reboots and you'll have to go back to luma.

xHomerOx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, but i don't want to do it this way, i have the Nands unlinked but if it fails i have to do a hardmod. I tried emuNAND Tool 1.03 but it gives me the error that "No EMUNAND SD Detected", I have the emunand SD in my pc. Some suggestions???

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doing it through system update is the recommended way. it's pretty easy to safely do it, just check for "Emu" in system settings before you go update. "emuNAND tool" can't detect RedNANDs, if that's what you're using (from Plailect's guide).

xHomerOx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Updated, but how can i check the sysnand version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pressed my "R" key but it boots into emu...

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With A9LH you could even update your sysnand and not have a care in the world. You can use Decrypt9 to inject FBI into H&S then you can even downgrade if you want with Decrypt9

xHomerOx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I had access to sysnand taking off the micro sd from the console. And yes it was Ver 9.2.0 xxx U. But I had a problem on EmuNand after installing the latest Luma cfw and Emu 11. In Emu 9, the emulators runs pretty well but when I updated it crashed. A made a thread about this, but replacing the dat of 5.5 with the latest luma dat solves the problem. You will notice on system settings that instead of saying Emu 11.x.x.x will say Ver 11.x.x.x. (like a sysnand). So i took off the micro sd again and the version was 9.x.x.x., so don't worry about that. I will post the solution in case that somebody has the same problem on the thread.

Updated on the question:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gpsp-gives-me-error-when-i-start-it.435670/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)