Update canceled

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Apathetic_Discord, Jul 20, 2012.

Jul 20, 2012

Update canceled by Apathetic_Discord at 2:57 PM (531 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Apathetic_Discord
    OP

Newcomer Apathetic_Discord Member

United Kingdom
    Currently "trying" to update the firmware so that i can finally get around to updating the 3DS, problem is, it doesn't seem to want me to.
    Everything i try to start the program to update it it tells me that the update is cancelled. I don't press anything, it just seems to display that message as soon as the file is started.
    It seems to work just fine for the "ak2ifw_update_3ds40" version of the earlier firmware update. This one just doesn't seem to want to initialized. Currently on kernel "1.9.0", using the firmware with the Deep Labyrinth icon and the Acekard2i model I'm using is HW:8181
    3DS itself is on firmware: 4.1.0-8E.
    Tried swapping to my brothers DSL and running the same file with the Acekard being used. Definitely am using the file meant for updating for the 3DS, and still to no avail.
    Any ideas of thoughts on the issue I'm having would be very much appreciated if it fixes this damn problem. I want to update my 3DS so i don't have to worry about it and can check the shop for any game add-on for other games, since i haven't checked in a while, whilst i play KH:3D. D:

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    as per the guide found in the stickie section, try running the update using the last official kernel released by acekard.

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_423_20100721_release.zip

if you have two flash kits and a ds lite, read through the instructions for flashing multiple carts. you would boot the dsl update file on a different flash kit then swap in the 2i and let it update. when you are done just power down.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Updating_Multiple_carts

-another world

3. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    While using AKAIO, you should be able to just change the Homebrew Reset Type for the update file and it should work.