Hacking Update 5.5.2 and Homebrew/CFW

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So can I update with haxchi and all will work as before? And what about vWii, can I still run HBC on vWii, on 5.5.2?

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Is there any step by step instructions for people on stock 5.5.1 how to get onto eshop to buy one of the required games....... and then mod it with Haxchi?
From what I am reading this is still possible????

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any step by step instructions for people on stock 5.5.1 how to get onto eshop to buy one of the required games....... and then mod it with Haxchi?
From what I am reading this is still possible????
Launch NNU patcher from HBL. Then you can get on eshop without updating.

Keep blocking on at DNS level

Reactions: Masterwin

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like people who prefer using an old PS1 vs. a PS3 that plays all PS1 games and upscales them. Why the heck would you not use something newer that does it better in everyway?
Not every way... Try Spider-Man for ps1 on ps3, the voices and music are all sped up, sounds like the chipmunks. Sometimes old ways are still best, though not in this case (browser exploits suck vs actual hacks).

@iAqua Does updating do anything to break nonlegit dlc, with that AOC layer update?

Last edited by KhenemetHeru,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's like people who prefer using an old PS1 vs. a PS3 that plays all PS1 games and upscales them. Why the heck would you not use something newer that does it better in everyway?
How on earth does the PS3 play every ps1 game?? There is a huge list of ps1 games that do not work like the Final Fantasy 4 disc from Final Fantasy Chronicles has a lot of graphics and sound issues. Final Fantasy 8 disc version does not load. MGS Special missions does not load. Medal of Honour does not load and many more

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

mrsoczi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Do you know if the browser exploit will be redone on 5.5.2 ?

I am in no way experienced with browser exploits, but from what I understood browsers tend to have a lot of holes in them ("If there is a browser, there is a way").
I am counting on a new entry point to launch HBL and I hope someone will find one. I got screwed by this update due to my own laziness :/ .

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am in no way experienced with browser exploits, but from what I understood browsers tend to have a lot of holes in them ("If there is a browser, there is a way").
I am counting on a new entry point to launch HBL and I hope someone will find one. I got screwed by this update due to my own laziness :/ .
I don't know if an homebrew do it but if exist, I want to cheat, and for that I used this site : http://wj44.xyz
I launch kernel 31 (I believe) and then pygecko, an homebrew can did it ? I have CBHC

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if an homebrew do it but if exist, I want to cheat, and for that I used this site : http://wj44.xyz
I launch kernel 31 (I believe) and then pygecko, an homebrew can did it ? I have CBHC
I think you can download Pygecko as an homebrew and also you should install Homebrew launcher with Wupinstaller so then you can just run Pygecko from HBL

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't check in long time, I didn't even know wii U got a new update.

I am in at 5.5.1 with an old Haxchi, so here are noob questions :

1. To update Haxchi, how? I know just put the new one in Sdcard and run it but I need to go to Haxchi first to launch setup???? (launch old Haxchi first, then take out Sdcard and put new files and run it while wii u was on in old Haxchi?

2. I modified the config.txt long ago, can I keep that old one or just modify the new before installing?
Obviously the best settings should be boot to cfw default and boot to homebrew second, is the third one even needed? Fw.img?

Thanks in advance! Kafluke? :)

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't check in long time, I didn't even know wii U got a new update.

I am in at 5.5.1 with an old Haxchi, so here are noob questions :

1. To update Haxchi, how? I know just put the new one in Sdcard and run it but I need to go to Haxchi first to launch setup???? (launch old Haxchi first, then take out Sdcard and put new files and run it while wii u was on in old Haxchi?

2. I modified the config.txt long ago, can I keep that old one or just modify the new before installing?
Obviously the best settings should be boot to cfw default and boot to homebrew second, is the third one even needed? Fw.img?

Thanks in advance! Kafluke? :)

Place new haxchi files on sd (keep old config if you are happy with config) and run the installer again from hbl. No need to run haxchi first and replace files after.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the haxchi zip. Obviously I put it in apps, but where do I put the haxchi folder? And by that, I mean the first haxchi folder that pops up alongside the wiiu folder?

I'm assuming I put it on the base (in no folders basically) on my SD card, but I want to be sure.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I downloaded the haxchi zip. Obviously I put it in apps, but where do I put the haxchi folder? And by that, I mean the first haxchi folder that pops up alongside the wiiu folder?

I'm assuming I put it on the base (in no folders basically) on my SD card, but I want to be sure.
Extract zip to root of SD. It will place the files/folders correctly...

Reactions: RedRose30

TheBends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally jumped into the WiiU mod scene last week. Got as far as redNAND which I believe means I made a backup of my original NAND. My next step was to to the HAXCHI mod but I had to postpone due to having to go back to work for a week. I think i'm screwed because I finally had time to check this morning and my WiiU was updated. I think maybe the kids updated. So....am I still screwed even though I have a back-up of my original NAND?

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract zip to root of SD. It will place the files/folders correctly...
Thanks for letting me know :)

Would you mind answering another question? I was looking into the haxchi thread and this part confuses me:

"Its example config.txt will boot homebrew launcher by default, a fw.img on your sd card when holding A and holding B will send you back into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; Haxchi comes with its own sysnand CFW included.
For a full list of all compatible buttons that you can use for the config.txt go here.
The content of this haxchi folder can be changed to your liking - if you want to you can also add in an alternative bootSound.btsnd to replace the original startup sound which I did not do in this example haxchi folder."

I'm confused on what and how I'm supposed to edit the config.txt. Do I also truly need ftpiiu? All I want is to access homebrew and that's pretty much it.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I finally jumped into the WiiU mod scene last week. Got as far as redNAND which I believe means I made a backup of my original NAND. My next step was to to the HAXCHI mod but I had to postpone due to having to go back to work for a week. I think i'm screwed because I finally had time to check this morning and my WiiU was updated. I think maybe the kids updated. So....am I still screwed even though I have a back-up of my original NAND?

Without hardmod, yes. Don't bother with rednand in the future if another exploit is released..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for letting me know :)

Would you mind answering another question? I was looking into the haxchi thread and this part confuses me:

"Its example config.txt will boot homebrew launcher by default, a fw.img on your sd card when holding A and holding B will send you back into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; Haxchi comes with its own sysnand CFW included.
For a full list of all compatible buttons that you can use for the config.txt go here.
The content of this haxchi folder can be changed to your liking - if you want to you can also add in an alternative bootSound.btsnd to replace the original startup sound which I did not do in this example haxchi folder."

I'm confused on what and how I'm supposed to edit the config.txt. Do I also truly need ftpiiu? All I want is to access homebrew and that's pretty much it.

Set the default to sysmenu and save using notepad.

Reactions: RedRose30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust...