Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm guessing this is correct now lol?:

a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=sysmenu
Correct. Save your config file like this and reinstall haxchi again. Now you can hold the A button when launching haxchi to access homebrew launcher. Without button hold, it will reboot into patched sysmenu.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. Save your config file like this and reinstall haxchi again. Now you can hold the A button when launching haxchi to access homebrew launcher. Without button hold, it will reboot into patched sysmenu.
This is actually going to be my first time installing it lol. If I mess up on the button hold, would getting a patched sysmenu be a bad thing, or does it make no difference?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks for letting me know :)

Would you mind answering another question? I was looking into the haxchi thread and this part confuses me:

"Its example config.txt will boot homebrew launcher by default, a fw.img on your sd card when holding A and holding B will send you back into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching and support this ftpiiu-everywhere version; Haxchi comes with its own sysnand CFW included.
For a full list of all compatible buttons that you can use for the config.txt go here.
The content of this haxchi folder can be changed to your liking - if you want to you can also add in an alternative bootSound.btsnd to replace the original startup sound which I did not do in this example haxchi folder."

I'm confused on what and how I'm supposed to edit the config.txt. Do I also truly need ftpiiu? All I want is to access homebrew and that's pretty much it.
You don't need to use it if you don't want to. It just gives you the option to do so.
Open the config.txt with notepad++, set default to load system menu, and "a" as your path to hbl. You can add more shortcuts to the other buttons, but these are the most important 2.

Once you're done. Save it then install haxchi. Every time you want to edit config.txt, just reinstall haxchi with that change.

The way the hotkey works, using the example above, if you launch haxchi icon from system menu (after installing) without pressing any button, it will return you to system menu with sigpatches enabled. If you launch it while holding "A", it will launch you to HBL, and so on..

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is actually going to be my first time installing it lol. If I mess up on the button hold, would getting a patched sysmenu be a bad thing, or does it make no difference?
No difference. Just run haxchi again holding a to get hbl. You'll need to be running patched sysmenu to install dlc, vc, homebrew with wup installer

Reactions: RedRose30

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You WANT a patched sysmenu for pirated stuff. That's the cfw part of haxchi, and even if you don't want it, there is no "bad thing" everything patched gets wiped when you turn your console off

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No difference. Just run haxchi again holding a to get hbl. You'll need to be running patched sysmenu to install dlc, vc, homebrew with wup installer

You WANT a patched sysmenu for pirated stuff. That's the cfw part of haxchi, and even if you don't want it, there is no "bad thing" everything patched gets wiped when you turn your console off
That sounds pretty cool actually. I'm going to try it now. Thanks for your help both of you. I appreciate it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And it worked! Yay :D

Reactions: Lush and Madridi

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I just got on my Wii U earlier this afternoon, and to my surprise, it has updated to 5.5.2, and being as I don't have Haxchi, I guess I won't be making any use of the Homebrew Channel anytime soon... :(

Crossing my fingers someone is able to get the Homebrew Channel working on 5.5.2 someday.

patrikmuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys my wiiu auto updated...
I had custom dns to prevert auto updated and "NO" in option "auto update software" but nothing :(

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys my wiiu auto updated...
I had custom dns to prevert auto updated and "NO" in option "auto update software" but nothing :(

Some internet providers ignore your manually set dns provider. Vodafone spain does that, now there is an option in the latest router to allow your own dns servers, but last year I had to call them to disable the "security feature" remotely.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How on earth does the PS3 play every ps1 game?? There is a huge list of ps1 games that do not work like the Final Fantasy 4 disc from Final Fantasy Chronicles has a lot of graphics and sound issues. Final Fantasy 8 disc version does not load. MGS Special missions does not load. Medal of Honour does not load and many more
that is false for medal of honor... i played both medal of honnors on my ps3 jsut fine using Discs and i finished both of them.

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place new haxchi files on sd (keep old config if you are happy with config) and run the installer again from hbl. No need to run haxchi first and replace files after.

Thanks for the info, but let me see if I understand:

To launch HBL I still need to click haxchi then press B to launch HBL!! so haxchi is not running because by pressing B it goes to HBL?

If I replace old haxchi with new haxchi files in sdcard, before going into HBL via haxchi would press B to launch hbl via haxchi (files replaced but not installed yet) still works?

I am sorry in advanced to be such noob, but it's a bit confusing for me :(

metal_mario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stolen from @GalladeGuy
I put a :( next to all the recently patched things

nice job nintendo patching one thing.

Exploits:

All the IOSU stuff: Works
Kernel Stuff: Works (not with browser, that's broken)

Entrypoints:

Browser Exploit: Patched :(
Haxchi: Works
CBHC: Works (requires haxchi to setup now, no browser stuff)

Safe to update if you have cbhc or haxchi setup.
I got the message that the software update can be downloaded
Is it still posssible to block it because i try to update and i get an error

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is not false check the internet it tells you that the game does not work on certain models of the PS3
models have nothing to do with ps1 .. ps1 is emulated on all ps3 models, ps2 is the one that is diferent depending on the console some have ps2 hardware(phat) and some dont (slims) but again i can tell you i have a phat ps3 and i played both ps1 medal of honnor games from beginning to end just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...