Hacking UPDATE 5. >> 3 << .0

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks like each Amiibo has a unique ID or something (hence how it knows it's a different one). It also looks like it can actually store quite a bit of data. I wonder when someone's actually going to buy one and tear it apart to see what exactly is inside.
EDIT: Uh oh, browser was updated.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks like each Amiibo has a unique ID or something (hence how it knows it's a different one). It also looks like it can actually store quite a bit of data. I wonder when someone's actually going to buy one and tear it apart to see what exactly is inside.

Yup, not updating...browser was updated? Damn, they're really on to us, sneaky bastards at Nintendo HQ. Hopefully you guys can figure out just what happened. Already unplugged the Ethernet cable. That's....going to exacerbate things.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

updated in what way. exploit or hidden browser features?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible if you actually want to migrate your legitimately purchased content from a Wii to WiiU.
Umm, you didn't migrate it before this auto-update? What took you so long? I haven't had my Wii U on the internet for several months now. Wii to Wii U migration happened 2 years ago.

EthralSSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://twitter.com/wiiumpersonator http://wii.marcansoft.com/wiimpersonator/reports/wiiu/USA/20141111-012510.log
00050030-1001210A is the Title ID.

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#Known_User_Agent_Strings
Still using the same version of Webkit, just updated their version.

....I just realized that they updated NX in the 5.1.1 exploit so that could be why our bug broke.

EDIT:

Nothing was updated for vWii
Alright just being safe lol I don't want a bricked Wii U this close to Smash release

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, you didn't migrate it before this auto-update? What took you so long? I haven't had my Wii U on the internet for several months now. Wii to Wii U migration happened 2 years ago.
I don't have a WiiU... yet.

But this kind of shenanigans, and what the EULA requests... is enough to make me not want to buy one, ever.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did I ever say that? I deduced that from the strings in that second link.

So, we're pretty much shit out of luck, judging from what's been said. That's just wonderful. Not. I hate to say this, but, does this not seem like a losing battle? With Smash coming out, which is said to have 5.2.0, and now this, what are we supposed to do?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, we're pretty much shit out of luck, judging from what's been said. That's just wonderful. Not. I hate to say this, but, does this not seem like a losing battle? With Smash coming out, which is said to have 5.2.0, and now this, what are we supposed to do?

Not at all, talking with someone on IRC who knows a thing or 2 about how we can get this off the ground again.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all, talking with someone on IRC who knows a thing or 2 about how we can get this off the ground again.

So....we really shouldn't be worried, given the fact SSB4 is out soon? I unplugged my Ethernet as a precaution as soon as I saw this thread. Sorry, just being unnecessarily paranoid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1