Hacking Update 5.2.0 is Out!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me tell you about a game called "Earthbound."

I have randomizer's dilemma. I want homebrew but I want Smash online more. NW123 and MN1 are trusted though, hope you're right NW. You guys will be focusing on porting the ROP chain first right?

Reread what the edited, for most people, staying on 5.1.2 won't be of much use.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably downloaded and installing already on my Wii U. However, I've actually found a massive flaw with the Quick Start menu that I hope they address. You can usually hold the B button to boot straight into vWii, however, you can't do that as effectively if Quick Start is enabled. I hope that they add a button to boot directly into vWii from the Quick Start menu or something. The only way to work around it is to turn on the console first, then hold B on the gamepad until it's turned on, which is a bit of a pain.

If you've been going into the vWii frequently, then the vWii icon will be on the quick start menu. (Or at least this was the case before this new update, haven't checked yet). I haven't held B for the vWii ever since the quick start was added, because it seems to be just as fast.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Well, like I've said in my previous posts, if you're on 5.1.2, it's no different to get code execution/userland back. The kernel is another matter, but with the way it is it's unlikely to be patched (as mentioned by WS) but there's no guarantee on that. You're taking your risks, but I'm fairly confident in saying that it's okay. It's just taken so long because everyone working on the kernel exploit is busy with school/life, hence however many months have passed since any news has been delivered.

Cheers, no worries.When I said "hope you're right" I meant that I plan to update and I hope you were right that it should be okay.

Reread what the edited, for most people, staying on 5.1.2 won't be of much use.
...I said I was planning on updating....

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, like I've said in my previous posts, if you're on 5.1.2, it's no different to get code execution/userland back. The kernel is another matter, but with the way it is it's unlikely to be patched (as mentioned by WS) but there's no guarantee on that. You're taking your risks, but I'm fairly confident in saying that it's okay. It's just taken so long because everyone working on the kernel exploit is busy with school/life, hence however many months have passed since any news has been delivered.

EDIT: I'm thinking of looking into finding another bug and then playing around with addresses till I find the OSFatal address (like we did last time), but considering I wasn't involved in that last time, no guarentees from me, if I can't do it then I'll get help from MN1 and the others once they're finished with the kernel exploit.
I still wouldn't say it's okay until we've gotten a chance to research the relevant stuff in 5.2.0+. Maybe it'd be a good idea to develop a private userland exploit for such things, and then release it with whatever packaged form of the kernel hax. Shrug.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you've been going into the vWii frequently, then the vWii icon will be on the quick start menu. (Or at least this was the case before this new update, haven't checked yet). I haven't held B for the vWii ever since the quick start was added, because it seems to be just as fast.

Except when you start it, it boots to the menu, then prompts you to point the Wii controller at the TV. Kinda useless when I want to use the Gamepad for vWii.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except when you start it, it boots to the menu, then prompts you to point the Wii controller at the TV. Kinda useless when I want to use the Gamepad for vWii.

If you touch the vWii icon, it says that you can press the + button on the Wii Remote to display the image on the Gamepad only. No need for pointing the remote at the TV.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I had to buy a new Wii U because I couldn't stand not playing my Wii U games. The newest update is pretty nice.

The new update doesn't really bring much, unless you compare to the older firmwares then yeah it's a whole lot better.

Considering that I use my GamePad the folders are kinda pointless because I usually go straight to the Game or Browser.

Unsought

Stop being a fucking dinosaur and get a job
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new update doesn't really bring much, unless you compare to the older firmwares then yeah it's a whole lot better.

Considering that I use my GamePad the folders are kinda pointless because I usually go straight to the Game or Browser.
I was comparing it to the older firmwares and I like the new folder option.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof