DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
The left joy-con periodically de-syncing after moving past 6ft issue
is actually a hardware issue not a software one.
the problem is due to nintendo cheaping out during manufacturing.
they should have installed a 2" copper wire antenna but they didn't.
The antenna built in is just a small circuit board copper trace which is installed behind the L button.

I found a video on youtube and i soldered in a wire to the pre existing solder point on the circuit board.
i took the wire from an old ethernet cable i had lying around.
the left joy-con worked great afterwards.

here's the video i found video in case any of you want to fix your left joy con.

... https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-fixed-joy-con-connection-issue-with-just-a-foam.465343/

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah cnets description is wrong the conductive foam pad doesn't block the interference, in the picture it's placed right over the copper trace antenna. since any conductive material placed directly over an emitting device acts as a second antenna,
it doesn't matter about the solder mask since the foam was placed directly over the copper trace. you could have the same effect if you were to buy copper foil tape with a conductive adhesive and place it over the copper trace.

the only time it would block a signal is if it were placed further apart and grounded or surrounded like a faraday cage.

you could partially obstruct interference but it would have to be a narrow strip placed between
the box and the copper trace.
since there's not enough of a gap to obstruct interference
it would probably just act like an antenna for the part giving off interference if you tried placing it between the two.

Last edited by Gabriel Mejia,
Reactions: Quantumcat

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else has said this but my switch "forgot" there was a update after I put it on airplane mode and fully shut it off (not sleep mode). Now it finally stops bugging me to update every time I resume zelda.

Also for those who are on 2.1.0, I doubt this but, does video playback now work via the dns method?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else has said this but my switch "forgot" there was a update after I put it on airplane mode and fully shut it off (not sleep mode). Now it finally stops bugging me to update every time I resume zelda.

Also for those who are on 2.1.0, I doubt this but, does video playback now work via the dns method?
Yeah I was getting the update nag before I cleared my wifi settings and did a full power cycle, now there's no nag. At least it does give you the option to update rather than forcing it, but it highlights "start update" by default rather than cancel or start software. So it's pretty easy to accidentally click through to the update if you're not paying much attention, and that's why I think I'll just keep it offline for now.

D

Deleted User

So is there anyway to update tto the new zelda patch without updating the system firmware?

Reactions: MSco

Sr. G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
where i saw this before?
tumblr_nmr1ddSLp01rw42iio1_1280.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...