Update 2.1.0 out.

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by zoogie, Mar 28, 2017.

1. DarkIrata

DarkIrata GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ... https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-fixed-joy-con-connection-issue-with-just-a-foam.465343/

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  3. Gabriel Mejia

Gabriel Mejia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    yeah cnets description is wrong the conductive foam pad doesn't block the interference, in the picture it's placed right over the copper trace antenna. since any conductive material placed directly over an emitting device acts as a second antenna,
    it doesn't matter about the solder mask since the foam was placed directly over the copper trace. you could have the same effect if you were to buy copper foil tape with a conductive adhesive and place it over the copper trace.

the only time it would block a signal is if it were placed further apart and grounded or surrounded like a faraday cage.

you could partially obstruct interference but it would have to be a narrow strip placed between
    the box and the copper trace.
    since there's not enough of a gap to obstruct interference
    it would probably just act like an antenna for the part giving off interference if you tried placing it between the two.

Last edited by Gabriel Mejia, Mar 29, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  4. hitodesu

hitodesu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2017
    United States
    Not sure if anyone else has said this but my switch "forgot" there was a update after I put it on airplane mode and fully shut it off (not sleep mode). Now it finally stops bugging me to update every time I resume zelda.

Also for those who are on 2.1.0, I doubt this but, does video playback now work via the dns method?

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Well my brother installed the update while i was asleep because he wanted to play Zelda and didn't see the option to not update.

6. lurkertemp

lurkertemp Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2017
    United States
    Is this from a public Discord server? Doesn't look like ninty homebrew, gbatemp or reswitched to me.

Last edited by lurkertemp, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah I was getting the update nag before I cleared my wifi settings and did a full power cycle, now there's no nag. At least it does give you the option to update rather than forcing it, but it highlights "start update" by default rather than cancel or start software. So it's pretty easy to accidentally click through to the update if you're not paying much attention, and that's why I think I'll just keep it offline for now.

8. hector09

hector09 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    Just turned on the switch and updated to 2.1.0 by its own it didnt even take a minute

9. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    You must have auto updates turned on under settings.

10. jjj

jjj Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2006
    Senegal
    So is there anyway to update tto the new zelda patch without updating the system firmware?

MSco likes this.
  11. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
  12. Sr. G

Sr. G Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2015
    Venezuela
    where i saw this before?