Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So i've got Luma3ds on my DS but I use menuhax to launch the CFW will it still work?

Note: I dont have A9LH

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've got Luma3ds on my DS but I use menuhax to launch the CFW will it still work?

That's strange. Usually, people install them together. If you have CFW, Menuhax should work, though to be fair, launching into Luma straight on boot is much easier. I'm assuming you're on 11.3, and if so it's too late to add A9LH. At least that's my understanding of it. Like I said, I don't hear much about having Luma but no A9LH. If I'm wrong, can someone correct me?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country

To clarify luma3ds is on your sdcard as is menuhax - if your 3ds is on 9.0 to 11.2 firmware it can use menuhax to load luma3ds - if not then you are sol

Last edited by HyperT,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain

That's strange. Usually, people install them together. If you have CFW, Menuhax should work, though to be fair, launching into Luma straight on boot is much easier. I'm assuming you're on 11.3, and if so it's too late to add A9LH. At least that's my understanding of it. Like I said, I don't hear much about having Luma but no A9LH. If I'm wrong, can someone correct me?

Luma3DS is a custom firmware, menuhax is a way to boot it. Before a9lh was a standard, (almost) everybody used it for having a Sysnand (without cfw) and an Emunand with all sigs patched. Nowadays, it's not needed. A9lh is sooooo much better. It will work for booting a cfw if his sysnand is on a vulnerable version and has an emunand compatible with his device. As you said, I'd recommend him to install a9lh if possible and don't worry about updating stuff.

Last edited by Manurocker95,

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS is a custom firmware, menuhax is a way to boot it. Before a9lh was a standard, (almost) everybody used it for having a Sysnand (without cfw) and an Emunand with all sigs patched. Nowadays, it's not needed. A9lh is sooooo much better. It will work for booting a cfw if his sysnand is on a vulnerable version and has an emunand compatible with his device. As you said, I'd recommend him to install a9lh if possible and don't worry about updating stuff.
That's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up. I remember putting Luma on my original 3DS like two years ago and I don't remember it being anywhere as useful as Luma and A9LH are now.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up. I remember putting Luma on my original 3DS like two years ago and I don't remember it being anywhere as useful as Luma and A9LH are now.
Wow, you had luma 3ds 2 years ago. Wow, i wish i had luma and arm9loaderhax before they existed.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you had luma 3ds 2 years ago. Wow, i wish i had luma and arm9loaderhax before they existed.
Whoops, come to think of it, I think it was end of 2015 or the start of 2016, so it was closer to a year ago. My bad. Nice catch Gio. And I don't think I had A9LH. I was quite nooby about this stuff back then.

Deleted member 388531

Trophies
XP
They'd have to sticky and unsticky the thread every time a new update is out. But I don't know when the next update will be, so it might be a good idea.
smea mentioned on his twitter a few days sgo warning everybody not to update if nintendo dropped a firmware that night, never dropped. But I think the 3DS is on the backburner for nintendo thanks to the switch launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol