Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

zetto

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Damn, wish I knew about the OoT fix before updating :( My out-of-region game was just shipped to me and now I can't run it on my N3DS like I intended to.

Reactions: Warrog

Wintendows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Changes:

NATIVE_FIRM
Friends Module
IR

Exploits:

I put a :( next to all the recently patched things

Ninjhax: Works (Soon)

Freakyhax: Works

OOThax: Works (It can take upwards of 30 tries to load the hbl until Smea fixes it)

Ironhax: Still Patched

Smashhax: Works (New 3DS only)

Vhax: Works (No payload update needed!)

SMChax: Works

Humblehax: Works

Browserhax: Still Patched

Menuhax: Still Patched

Memchunkhax2: Still Patched

SVChax/Memchunkhax2.5: Patched :(

Tubehax: Still patched

emuNANDs:

RXtools: Works

Reinand: Works

Luma3DS: Works

CakeFW: Works

GW: Works

Other Stuff:

HBL Loader CIA: Works (Just change the payload name)

NTR: Works (You have to use a 10.2 Firmware.bin)

Downgrading to 9.2: Patched :(

Do you install RXtools the same way? Cause when I go to the site that you need to visit with my NEW 3DS, nothing happens. I'm new to this stuff but I cannot figure out how it works. You say it works, but some Youtube'r named "Flare Games" says you cannot use this on 11.0.0-33. I do not know if you need to visit a different site with the New 3DS, or if it has something to do with what region you live in. Can somebody help?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Do you install RXtools the same way? Cause when I go to the site that you need to visit with my NEW 3DS, nothing happens. I'm new to this stuff but I cannot figure out how it works. You say it works, but some Youtube'r named "Flare Games" says you cannot use this on 11.0.0-33. I do not know if you need to visit a different site with the New 3DS, or if it has something to do with what region you live in. Can somebody help?
You cannot install CFW on a SysNAND non-A9LH'ed console on 11.0.0-33.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I say it works on 11.0, I mean if you had an emuNAND previously installed you can update it to 11.0. There is currently no way to install emuNAND or downgrade on 11.0. Sorry for the confusion.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
When I say it works on 11.0, I mean if you had an emuNAND previously installed you can update it to 11.0. There is currently no way to install emuNAND or downgrade on 11.0. Sorry for the confusion.
you can downgrade NATIVE_FIRM via hardmod and then downgrade using homebrew.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

CBetch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Ninjhax to work on my O3DS (XL, If that makes a difference). I've found on many other sites that says it's patched, but it says here it works. Am I doing something wrong? Do i need redownload something? Scan a new QR code? It's worked before, and i'm trying to figure this out.
Thanks- Cam.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get Ninjhax to work on my O3DS (XL, If that makes a difference). I've found on many other sites that says it's patched, but it says here it works. Am I doing something wrong? Do i need redownload something? Scan a new QR code? It's worked before, and i'm trying to figure this out.
Thanks- Cam.
It has been 'patched'; it effectively does not work on 11.0. Some people have claimed that it is possible to run Ninjhax on 11.0 with a lot of luck and patience, but the chance is very, very low. You're better off seeking out a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe or waiting for a fix for Ninjhax.

drjenkstah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to do anything else with an old 3ds on 11.0.0-33 firmware hacked with freakyhax? I've been looking and I've been trying to do some research but I've been coming up with more questions than answers.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to do anything else with an old 3ds on 11.0.0-33 firmware hacked with freakyhax? I've been looking and I've been trying to do some research but I've been coming up with more questions than answers.
If by 'else' you mean CFW, piracy and such, then no, you cannot on 11.0. All you can do on 11.0 is use ordinary userland homebrew through the HBL via freakyhax.

drjenkstah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by 'else' you mean CFW, piracy and such, then no, you cannot on 11.0. All you can do on 11.0 is use ordinary userland homebrew through the HBL via freakyhax.
Ah I see. I guess I'm stuck running freakyhax everytime I want to boot into homebrew launcher then. Hopefully something comes out so I don't have to run freakyhax each time I want to use homebrew. I tried menuhax to no avail.

Matson25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah I see. I guess I'm stuck running freakyhax everytime I want to boot into homebrew launcher then. Hopefully something comes out so I don't have to run freakyhax each time I want to use homebrew. I tried menuhax to no avail.
Menuhax doesn't work, but you could try using v*hax instead, in which you just start the game to use the Exploit so I find it easier then freakyhax.

darkhalf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming GW CFW works on 11.0.

My son can't play online on his 3DS running Gateway 3.71 and EmuNAND 10.3. As a noob is it ok for me to update his EmuNAND to 11.0 even though I haven't updated Gateway?

I ask because usually when a new firmware comes out, I expect a new version of Gateway to support it first but it didnt happen this time. I dont know enough about the AL9H (or whatever) and honestly would like to stick normal Gateway with EmuNAND (since it is what I know, and allows my son to play games).

Thank you

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son can't play online on his 3DS running Gateway 3.71 and EmuNAND 10.3. As a noob is it ok for me to update his EmuNAND to 11.0 even though I haven't updated Gateway?

I ask because usually when a new firmware comes out, I expect a new version of Gateway to support it first but it didnt happen this time. I dont know enough about the AL9H (or whatever) and honestly would like to stick normal Gateway with EmuNAND (since it is what I know, and allows my son to play games).

Thank you
DO NOT USE GATEWAY!!! Just take the time to set up A9LH using Plailect's guide, or at least spend a couple minutes setting up Menuhax for slow autoboot.

Last edited by GalladeGuy,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Thank you
Gateway is the devil. I highly recommend you follow Plailect's guide to downgrade and get A9LH. DO NOT USE BRICKWAY'S A9LH INSTALLER, IT SKIPS IMPORTANT STUFF AND IS POSSIBLY DANGEROUS. Stick to the guide and you should be fine.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?