Homebrew Update 10.5!!!

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
ok. i had no issues but idk about 10.5. i havent access the eshop cause of those cia files i have. i read that they disappear when u access the eshop
None of my games have disappeared. I might have opened the eshop about 10 times today.[emoji14]

Edit: what disappears is the DLC and installed themes(.CIA themes)

Last edited by fr3quency,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
idk what post it was some advice someone gave out when i was looking up private headers for sky3ds. but if its safe then i might just play the hell out of mario kart 7 hehehe
We were talking about CIAs, not .3ds. If you use a .3ds you MUST use a private header unless you want your ass banned. With CIAs you don't, cause as I've already stated, it goes by your unique hardware ID already so CIAs are safe.

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok. i had no issues but idk about 10.5. i havent access the eshop cause of those cia files i have. i read that they disappear when u access the eshop

Well lose it is not the Big problem, but the ban is other history, I read in other forums about ban with using cias

Reactions: gieve

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of my games have disappeared. I might have opened the eshop about 10 times today.[emoji14]
i had it done once i went back on my ds after i removed the cia files from my cia folder and later they was gone and i was more like what the fuck lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We were talking about CIAs, not .3ds. If you use a .3ds you MUST use a private header unless you want your ass banned. With CIAs you don't, cause as I've already stated, it goes by your unique hardware ID already so CIAs are safe.
sorry i should of been more specific. there was a question about the cia in that post

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
i had it done once i went back on my ds after i removed the cia files from my cia folder and later they was gone and i was more like what the fuck lol
It's DLC and .CIA themes that get deleted. Don't know what happened to you, but I have never seen such a thing. I might be wrong, but I think I'm not.[emoji14]

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's not the cias i'm talking about, i'm talking about nVer/cVer system cia files.
Accessing the eshop with not signed cia games doesn't matter, eshop doesn't check cia per cia after letting you inside the eshop.

Reactions: laserwolf452

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's DLC and .CIA themes that get deleted. Don't know what happened to you, but I have never seen such a thing. I might be wrong, but I think I'm not.[emoji14]
who knows i might did something wrong i didnt notice till i opened my games folder lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's not the cias i'm talking about, i'm talking about nVer/cVer system cia files.
Accessing the eshop with not signed cia games doesn't matter, eshop doesn't check cia per cia after letting you inside the eshop.
and im sitting here learning something new. thanks :)

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both my themes and dlc as cias are still there after entering on eshop and downloaded badge arcade.. this was yesterday when 10.4 ( in the one i am still in) was current.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It'll probably work but the OSD probably wont. At least with 10.4 they had to release an update in order to get the OSD again.

mm osd , is that the Select button to bring up the gw menu in emuNAND? cause i dont really need that as i always only use .cia

Edit: so can i update my gw emuNAND now ? i have a backup of my emuNAND 10.3 or 10.4 already

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't update the home menu or NATIVE_FIRM in 10.5, so the multi-rom menu should be fine.
Oh I see.

mm osd , is that the Select button to bring up the gw menu in emuNAND? cause i dont really need that as i always only use .cia
In that case, may I ask why in the world you use Gateway? Why not just use ReiNAND, for example?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Oh I see.

In that case, may I ask why in the world you use Gateway? Why not just use ReiNAND, for example?

.. cause i feel safer using the GW card? (and also erm.. i have a few out of region games with the dlcs< and they dont really work with CFW unless i use NTR which is a pain in da bum to get (NTR) it working ! so i just have GW as my first boot and when i press A i boot into rei, rei is my backup XD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...