Unusual problem with controls on system menu

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MarkDarkness, Jun 8, 2016.

1. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Hey everyone, a really stange issue just happened out of nowhere.

My setup is: O3DS with 9.2 on sysNAND, then MenuHax>Homebrew Launcher>CakesFW>emuNAND

In-game one moment the touch screen became somewhat decalibrated, the next it stopped accepting input. I thought it was a smaller issue, seeing as everything else was working fine, including its display.

On exiting to the system menu in emuNAND, the touchscreen still didn't respond, but the cross/analogue pads also did not accept input. I went back in-game, and the pads work just fine there.

I rebooted into sysNAND expecting this to be a CFW problem, but lo and behold, the same behavior is happening on sysNAND.

On Homebrew Menu it accepts input from the pads, but not from the touchscreen.

I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting this. Please help!

Last edited by MarkDarkness, Jun 8, 2016
    Queno138 likes this.
  2. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Bump. I know this is super weird. Trying to find any leads to at least get started.

3. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Last attempt...?

4. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    sounds more like a hardware issue.

If touchscreen fails in sysnand without any hax running, your 3DS touchscreen died (probably)

MarkDarkness and Dorimori like this.
  5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You can get a new touch screen for like $5-$10 on eBay. They're fairly simple/easy to install as long as you're very careful and don't mind opening up your system.

MarkDarkness likes this.
  6. MarkDarkness
    OP

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    I will try the replacement then and check back after it's done, thanks guys.