lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
df9b979a-7ab8-4d58-bf11-5937c77e23fd.jpg
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and I have a question to ask!

I've managed to replace the M92T36 chip on after spotting a shorted Capacitor.

After checking thru, I assembled it back. It managed to boot up with the Nintendo logo and to the main screen before it showed an error of 2101-0002

Without USB current checker of USB-C input, I tried to give it a charge and somehow instead of charging it, it depletes the battery to 2.6 V after a few hours.

It didn't boot up, and suspecting is a dead battery. I placed the m92T36 chip close to my ears and heard some small sparking sound.

Out of curiosity, I disassembled the board again and turn the board behind, this time using the multimeter, I detected more shorted Capacitors and Capacitors that are not responsive!

The ones in red box are shorted on both sides
The ones in yellow box does not have any continuity reading on either side, meaning there is no link to GND

Hope to hear any of you guys have a solution to this for me to try!

Last edited by lg2113,

tomsek68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Half of the caps in the red box are actually inductors / coils. I believe the caps next to them show a short while the board has no power. Please test it with a plugged in 5v charger / charged battery.
What does "not responsive" mean?

lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Half of the caps in the red box are actually inductors / coils. I believe the caps next to them show a short while the board has no power. Please test it with a plugged in 5v charger / charged battery.
What does "not responsive" mean?

Thanks!

I tried charging it, but there was no charging at all. I've yet to find one new battery to replace and test it.

not responsive as in, there is no continuity on with GND on either side.

tomsek68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Test this with original and simple 5v charger too:
Plug it in, and measure voltage on battery posivitve terminal without a battery connected.

lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Test this with original and simple 5v charger too:
Plug it in, and measure voltage on battery posivitve terminal without a battery connected.

I did it, the battery was at around 2.5V (which i know it is dead for sure, still waiting for a fresh battery), the battery did charge (using 5V charger) till it reaches 2.6V, which i can confirm that the battery is really dead for sure.

tomsek68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I wanted to check the voltage on the battery management ic output. You can't measure that with a battery connected. 2.6V means nothing - the battery still can be good if the BQ chip failed or vice versa.

lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I wanted to check the voltage on the battery management ic output. You can't measure that with a battery connected. 2.6V means nothing - the battery still can be good if the BQ chip failed or vice versa.

I tested it with the battery connector unplugged, it was 2.5-2.6V

I plugged the battery connector, measured again, 2.5V

Start a charge, I used the multimeter to probe it and saw it trickle charge to 2.6 and it stayed there.

tomsek68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I suspect a shorted BQ chip here. VCC_BATT should be around 4.2 when battery is unplugged & charger is connected. Use a charged battery, and look for hot components on the board. Remove BQ, and check if the shorts are gone. If not, remove caps around BQ too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j