Hacking Unstable Cheating sytem on AK2i

houseonfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to boot multiple codes in Metroid Prime Hunters that have worked 100% without problem on the Supercard Slot one device and cause massive instability in Metroid using the AK2i.
The game locks when entering battles, the "always host" code causes the bottom screen to flash on the top screen.
Using the supercard slot one device on the DSlite would work perfectly fine with these cheats.
Some of these cheats I have modified and created myself and I know they are stable because I fixed instability issues.
I have tested this card on a DSPhat, and tried the cheats on the supercard slot one on the DSPhat, with no issues at all.

The lock ups seem to happen more than they don't. But it also seems to be random.

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dsphat vs dslite = no issue
supercard vs acekard = completly different firmware systems and cards, you can't compare.

use akaio it has a revamped/updated/fixed/corrected/better cheat system than the official.

-another world

houseonfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the AKAIO firmware and the issues I posted above happened.
I use the official and I can actually enter battles but the activators don't work and the cheats are automatically activated when I start the game.

Supercard was better.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... The SuperCard does have in game cheat editing, in game text reader, RTS and a few other nice features...

But are you sure you're using the exact same cheat file as you were on the SuperCard? What is the name of the cheat file? Perhaps disable some other patches, such as Reset? It could just be that the SuperCard has better cheat system, who knows.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
supercard has one of the worst cheat engines. Thus your cheat might be faulty and thus only work on the broken cheat engine of the supercard ds one or could be akaio has a bug. In which case you should paste the offending cheats that cause the freeze so i can look for any bugs.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, just post the codes here and let me have a look as well
smile.gif

thanks

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Coming from the gguy who works on the cheat database and know the ins and outs of cheat engines and such, AKAIO by far has the best cheat engine of any flashcart and is most compatible with the Action Replay DS cheat engine. I have been working with Normmatt with helping him track down bugs with it and improving it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality