[Unofficial] Dolphin DX12 backend

loco365

Trophies
XP
I went and gave it a try and only one game so far seems to not work properly - MadWorld. The level geometry doesn't render at all, although the menus and HUD do.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum. I have a Surface Pro 3 i5 (with HD 4400), I'm curious to see if this version will lessen/negate the performance loss from throttling. It normally runs full speed for a couple minutes, then throttles, massively reducing FPS, and stays there. Maybe it won't throttle as badly if the DX12 version is more efficient.
Isnt the hd4400 a dx11 gpu?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nah, tried mgs and eternal darkness. Check you're not using skip efb and the option and there's an option below that, check it but don't use real unless you need to, use the other one. I forget what it's called sorry, but it's important. I'm soooo sleepy.
I already made sure of that. Only d3d12 has this weird bug.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Isnt the hd4400 a dx11 gpu?
I found many sources on Google claiming it works with DX12. So it has at least partial support.

That has been fixed with the pro4. This was mainly was an arquitecture side effect.
The Surface Pro 4 uses Core M CPUs which are more efficient, so I guess that's most of the reason. The SP3 is still a nice device, just not for gaming or emulation, which it wasn't designed for in the first place I guess.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found many sources on Google claiming it works with DX12. So it has at least partial support.

The Surface Pro 4 uses Core M CPUs which are more efficient, so I guess that's most of the reason. The SP3 is still a nice device, just not for gaming or emulation, which it wasn't designed for in the first place I guess.

While one of the SKUs for the Pro 4 does use the Core M, there are other SKUs including i5s and i7s. Skylake is a big upgrade over Haswell in general.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The BIOS is a stripped down one with hardly any options. Believe me, I've tried everything. No one's found a solution yet. It's the only thing that detracts from the "tablet that is also a laptop" aspect.
Have you tried disabling the "Power" service and restarting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o