Homebrew RELEASE Unofficial build of hbmenu with new starred favourites feature

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can press X or touch the star in the top display to toggle a starred favourite, they appear alphabetically at the start of the list. It works with folders too - if like me you occasionally press B accidentally and end up in the SD card root, you can favourite the "switch" folder so it's at the start of the list and easier to get right back into.

It got merged to master today - thanks to yellows8 and fincs for helping me work out the kinks - and thanks to friedkeenan for committing a fix for custom themes already! I don't know when a new official build is planned, but here's an unofficial one for the meantime (if you don't like random binaries you can build from official source). Should be obvious but it goes in the root of your SD card.

Attachments

• hbmenu_v3.0.1-48a4819_starred_favourites.zip
    716.8 KB · Views: 975
Last edited by hippy dave,

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again, you mentioned the star color could be changed with a theme file, what pointer would I use for that? eg: "textColor="
Oh actually it currently uses "borderTextColor" - which is the same colour used for the name text on the small icon's label. Maybe it should be given its own colour name tho.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh actually it currently uses "borderTextColor" - which is the same colour used for the name text on the small icon's label. Maybe it should be given its own colour name tho.
That would be awesome, I'm thinking of changing it to a gold. Here's how it looks now.

Attachments

• HB dark star.jpg
    HB dark star.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: hippy dave

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not bad, but a littlebit useless. We need nightly versions or an api to add urls for nightlies. And an full retroarch on the hbstore.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not bad, but a littlebit useless. We need nightly versions or an api to add urls for nightlies. And an full retroarch on the hbstore.
Check bsnx for hbmenu nightly builds, I haven't tested them but I foresee no reason they won't be good (the server also builds various other Switch homebrew).
One of the hbappstore guys gave their reason recently for not putting a full version of retroarch on the store, not sure if it was posted in the hbappstore thread or the retroarch thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь