Hacking Unoffical -- USBloader_GX(S)

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if i get it working, i think other people should learn from it, knowing GP if i do get it working he'll release it JUST as i get it working and show everyone just for a slap in the face lol

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no doubt, no doubt. lmao

edit:

I might take a look at the gx source and see if I can get the loader to compile correctly but I won't have a way of testing it till I get the puneek done. I looked at it a little last night and it don't look to hateful.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah well hopefully you have better luck then me, this stuff is way too confusing for me, and we have no reference material to work with really, it sucks really, we don't even get the chance to learn. Its literally walking blindly into it besides a few little things, which help a tiny bit, but not enough to nearly get a working loader, as i said before this "loader" is obviously only meant for extremely skilled coders.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry too much about it. Eventually someone will incorporate it into some loader or another. Not to mention that if that DIOS MIO(S) topic means what I think it does then the incentive to do so will likely be higher.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, but failure pisses me off extremely lol i hate when i try my hardest to do something and still can't accomplish it, i wish GP would just release his source though, then we could learn from it easily.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
note to self:

after finding the little extra files I needed for compiling GX I now can compile a working version of gx.

effin A man. yah for me.

now to figure out EXACTLY where these lines of code go and make the other necessary changes.

edit: It was wrong.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not the bannersound function. it is a c++ function and should be a direct replacement for the one with the same name in bannersound.cpp

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
not the bannersound function. it is a c++ function and should be a direct replacement for the one with the same name in bannersound.cpp
oh ok ..... I think I get it I had them mixed up it's this way right.

edit: no reply so I took it down. I'm going to assume it was right.

D

Deleted-171178

After 3 replies I kinda got that
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried merging this mod of SNEEK with the latest source? I'm just curious because once the main branch gets that MIOS h4x, it would be a shame to leave this mod out in the cold.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fridgee said:
Look at your calendar what day was yesterday?
Look what SanGor just posted:
QUOTE18:20:38 crediar changes topic to: Thanks to LoganA for his generosity! | DIOS MIO(S) real & not done yet| SNEEK -> http://code.google.com/p/sneek/ |r78 29.03. | http://tinyurl.com/yj36qpr
Though I didn't checked it (don't know the Channel), I guess it's true.

Anyways, I would love to see this MOD in the official Source...honestly, I think this is even better than the current DI-Module...but that's just me.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Has anyone tried merging this mod of SNEEK with the latest source? I'm just curious because once the main branch gets that MIOS h4x, it would be a shame to leave this mod out in the cold.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
puneek modules http://www.multiupload.com/MY3S86W0TC
follow the same procedures used to build r72 of sneek to build this.
im building these with -u -v flags and the mini toolchain. devkitARM r24 should also work fine. follow the same procedures to set up games as in sneek. since this DI module loads games from whatever the nand is, this could (in theory) allow you to add the changes from this fs module into the fs-sd module and you will be able to load the complete wii from a sdhc card.
Is this as simple as replacing all instances of /dev/usb to /dev/sd in your source code?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, yes it is that simple. but thats not how to do it.

just find the 4 added commands related to opening, seeking, closing, and reading in the fs module. add those 4 commands to sneek's fs-sd module and this should work. since there is absolutely 0 usb reading or anything done by the DI module, you dont have to touch it at all.

EDIT>>
the commands are IOS_Ioctl() 0x22, 0x23, 0x24, and 0x25

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
well, yes it is that simple. but thats not how to do it.

just find the 4 added commands related to opening, seeking, closing, and reading in the fs module. add those 4 commands to sneek's fs-sd module and this should work. since there is absolutely 0 usb reading or anything done by the DI module, you dont have to touch it at all.

EDIT>>
the commands are IOS_Ioctl() 0x22, 0x23, 0x24, and 0x25
Thanks a lot pune! I'll try it out sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...