1. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

[​IMG]

No one is making you use it are they ? fannybaz

@ GP [​IMG]

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    But in all seriousness the situation is rather discouraging for those of us who might be willing to go through with it, but aren't able. What are we supposed to do, take a few courses on coding and come back next year?

3. lightyear

lightyear GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so where's the download, then?

4. FenrirWolf

United States
    gp posted some sources and such, nothing compiled. Since apparently you're only worth something if you're an experienced coder-type-person-thing and can splice his modifications with an existing loader.

5. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    settle down boys

6. FenrirWolf

United States
  7. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    @Everybody with compiling problems:
    Do you use windows? If yes, try it with an ubuntu live cd/dvd and install the mini toolchain there. You obviously need the mini toolchain for this and that's very difficult to set up under windows. I would say you can install linux + mini toolchain 5 times before you get it to work under windows.

8. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    theres no need to use a live cd for this. devkitARM r24 works fine to compile this in windows.

9. FenrirWolf

United States
    I had no problem compiling the SNEEK mod (I already sorted out the difficulties with that during earlier SNEEK adventures). The next barrier is creating a custom GX or other loader to work with it. Does that involve the mini toolchain as well? Doesn't seem like it would.

Either way, I can't get the normal USB Loader GX to compile and wouldn't know where to begin on modifying the thing anyways.

10. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    Oh, i really expected the problems in the sneek part. You need a disc loader + little code for the game selection. Why don't you try SoftChip?

11. FenrirWolf

United States
    I was at least able to compile SoftChip. Only the second app I've ever successfully compiled. If that doesn't tell you the extent of my coding abilities, I don't know what else will.

I must say that the thing is certainly nice to look at, that's for sure. Every little thing is explained in a pretty little comment box. lol

12. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah obviously you guys misread what i posted lol i can COMPILE pune's di stuff no problem, and yeah i do have some weird crap happening with my compiling, but thats not the point (like literally it'll say "make" command not found, and then if i just close/reopen PN it compiles no problem) the part that only a select few individuals are gonna be able to do, is compile a working loader based around it. And yes it seems almost all developers have a god complex, and if you can't do something as good as them, obviously your inferior. GP "here everybody i have this awesome code, only a handful of people can actually do anything with it, but if you can't modify a loader to work with my code your s.o.l." like thats just retarded, i would love to see where all of you developers would be without someone helping you to begin with. Even the "all mighty" waninkoko got help when he first started, but you basically just go ahead and say heres some code your on your own, im not gonna help you do anything with it.

13. wrettcaughn

United States
    This is a great breakthrough and all but it's not very noob friendly. i don't see it getting very popular unless someone compiles everything and starts distributing it (which would be a bummer). i foresee many people blasting the boards begging for help but not much more than that.

14. FenrirWolf

United States
    It'd be a bummer cuz you'd not get to sit back and laugh at us is it rite

15. wrettcaughn

United States
    i'm not laughing.

i just see that it's not something the average noob can put together and they are going to expect some kind of support for it. people find ways to break things and then we have to hear about it.

at least if someone has built it themselves they should be able to debug their own issues for the most part.

16. FenrirWolf

United States
    Fair enough. That's a good point.

17. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i think at least one of you got the wrong idea. im not sitting at home laughing because i have this wonderful software and you cannot figure out how to use it. the reason i gave it out in source code form is to let other codes have it and adapt it into whatever they want. if you can't figure out how to do that, then just sit on your hands and wait for somebody else to do it.

by doing it this way, there will hopefully be some other people that will maintain whatever versions of whatever loaders people want to use with this, and i wont be bothered to update anything every time there is another SVN revision of whatever loader.

im sure that if i had just coded a batch of different loaders and released a bunch of binaries, people would bitch that i didnt make the source public.

18. FenrirWolf

United States
    That was refreshingly transparent. Thanks. It makes sense that the source was released so it could be used in other loaders, but it was easy to misunderstand some of the earlier posts as being unfriendly towards the average joe types.

19. Bumpman

Bumpman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Though you should also release the binaries IMO

20. mugotu

mugotu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think people fail to realize that sometimes these devs are trying to put out some cookies to encourage other people to become developers also. Some of the big projects suffer because of a lack of developers.

I'm not saying this is one of those times, just asking you guys to be a little more open minded.. I also am one of you who have no clue of how to modify a loader to use this, but that isnt going to stop me from trying.

Also, he cant really release the binaries, just like sneek cant, because they require original ninty files (AFAIK) to get compiled\runnnig.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - USBloader_GX(S), Unoffical,