1. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sigh have to wait for someone else to compile a usb loader i guess lol cause i can't compile the stuff from the pune cios thread either, but i have no problem compiling sneek, i guess i'll just have to wait, i was excited too [​IMG] cause im busy transferring my games over to this format from a wbfs drive. Any chance this will get uploaded to the usbloadergx webpage?

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You'd have to ask the USB Loader GX people about that. If they're interested in implementing it they probably could based off of what pune posted.

3. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    this is the wii hacking section. i figured people here enjoyed this kind of stuff... compiling programs and tweeking things to get them to wok. not just having somebody else compile a program and then they sit back and complain about things that they dont like about it. it is not meant just to be another way to play games, but hopefully you will enjoy the process of building it and possibly fixing things that i have messed up.

4. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Trust me pune i don't mind compiling things, neither is it an issue for me usually, but your di module just doesn't ever want to compile for me, i compiled sneek just fine, so i have no clue why yours wont compile, i'd do it myself if i could

edit: i had a hell of time with sneek as well, i usually don't ask for help with stuff until i've exhausted myself, it took me like 7 hours to get sneek to compile properly lol

5. FenrirWolf

United States
    I know you have the coder's mindset, but you also have to remember that not everyone is a coder. You saw how much myself and others had to bang our heads against the wall just to get SNEEK set up to compile properly. Figuring I might have learned something from that experience, I tried to compile a few other programs. No luck so far. =P

Not all of us have the experience in this kind of thing necessary to pull it off. Frankly I wish I did and I'm probably going to try it out just to see what happens, but I don't expect I'll get past the first error or two in compiling the modified loader, much less get anything resembling a finished binary out of the ordeal.

EDIT: I can't even get the the normal USB Loader GX to compile. I'm already screwed. XD

6. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    lol FenrirWolf, i know how you feel, im actually not bad at compiling, but pune's di module just doesn't seem to wanna compile it gets a little bit in and talks about stuff not being defined and doesnt give me any resulting file

7. FenrirWolf

United States
    For what it's worth I got a resulting boot2.bin and di.bin with the steps I posted earlier, but that was because I had the existing build_boot2.cmd and pune's post to work with. It was more or less a copy-and-paste job. Never would have been able to come up with it from scratch. Haven't even tested the thing yet anyway (for want of a loader to use it in), so for all I know it's a false victory.

8. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    like i'd be all over this if i had the chance, but yeah i guess i'll have to wait for a precompile to pop up somewhere, guess i can try reinstalling devkitpro etc etc

edit: fuck i hate devkitpro lol i get things to start compiling, i got the iosmodule.elf out of it, and now trying to compile ANYTHING, gives me "make" command not found

9. FenrirWolf

United States
    IIRC the solution to that is to add c:\python26 to the PATH system variable.

10. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    pretty sure its there already, i already did all that stuff, but i'll try

edit: Your the man Fenrir lol its weird it was JUST compiling stuff fine, and then it wasn't

11. FenrirWolf

United States
    So it worked, then?

12. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yep have NO idea really what to do now, i really wanna take gx and make it work with this though, too bad we get no more hints [​IMG]

edit: we should start an irc channel, and get some people in there to work on getting this into a usb loader, its usbloader(s) on efnet in case anybody wants to get in there so we can work together on this

13. FenrirWolf

United States
    Welp, I can at least confirm that the module compiled correctly. USB for games and NAND = win.

14. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  15. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Thats ok if you still have hardware capable of reading them & the discs haven't deteriorated.

16. FenrirWolf

United States
    As far as I can tell compiling it with -u -v worked just fine. NSMB Wii showed up in the disc channel from my HDD and everything, though I didn't bother actually launching the game. I guess I'll compile it without -v next time since I have no USB Gecko.

EDIT: I also got black screens until I copied both the di.bin and boot2.bin to the USB HDD as well as the SD card. I suspect that only the di.bin needs to be there, but I just copied 'em both over to be certain.

17. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  18. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well sorry to say guys, but i asked r-win if anybody was working on implementing this stuff into gx and he said no, and to be honest this would be the most amazing thing ever, if you didnt have to be some guru coder just to get it working, and no im not talking about compiling pune's di modules (though that still takes some work because apparently my computers gay and lets me compile a few things and then decides that the make command no longer exists)im talking about converting a usb loader to work with the di modules, its honestly stupid. And i honestly wish the OP didn't even post this to begin with, its basically just pune's got something and unless your a master coder you can't have it lol fuck that shit

19. FenrirWolf

United States
  20. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    wtf is the sloth doing in the peasants? ive seen him write some cool stuff before.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - USBloader_GX(S), Unoffical,