Unmodding

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ajr12388, Dec 8, 2011.

Dec 8, 2011

Unmodding by ajr12388 at 3:00 AM (1,156 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ajr12388
    OP

Newcomer ajr12388 Member

United States
    I'm new to this whole xbox mod scene and am purchasing a modded xbox 360. Is it possible to unmod the xbox so that I will not have any issues connextibg to xbox live? Or am I sol if I do purchase it?

(If this in the incorrect area, my apologies. Im also on my phone at work.)

2. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Purchasing a modded xbox to unmod it is a no.
    Good chances are they only flashed the optical drive and if you have not made a backup; you cannot revert.
    Xbox 360 are cheap these days I saw one used last week at gamestop for 90$ and in another store it was 199 bundled with kinect.
    Your better to find one unmodded if youre gonna play online.

3. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    You can grab the keys off a CFW just as easily as you can a stock firmware. Then just spoof them back to the proper stock firmware.

If you're going to buy a modded 360 you need to find out exactly what mod it has. You also need to find out if it is already banned from live. Educate yourself before buying or you will get ripped off.

If you don't want a modded 360 to begin with why are you looking at this one? Is it insanely cheap?

4. ajr12388
    OP

Newcomer ajr12388 Member

United States
    The xbox is 85 with a 120 gb hd and a wireless network adapter, wireless controller, and cords.

5. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    modding and unmodding a xbox usually takes the same amount of work. Also updating the mod will require the same amount of work once again. There has been quite a few updates and you will need to be on top of the xbox scene to know when not to go online.

Seems like a good price, but is it banned from Xbox Live? If a Xbox is banned from online it is not possible to unban yourself.

6. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    If you want to play on Live your better off buying a new slim unit. This thing could be banned or worse a RRoD unit that has been Jerry rigged to work for a little while and then die on you. If you really want to buy it try and get the price down a bit and then trade in the system itself for a 4GB slim.

7. ajr12388
    OP

Newcomer ajr12388 Member

United States
    But the slim does not have enough hd space for all the borderlands dlc and whatnot. And honestly, i really only need a console. The one i have now overheats like crazy.

8. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Then why be worried about having troubles going online?

9. ajr12388
    OP

Newcomer ajr12388 Member

United States
    Because that console is replacing my current one. If its banned or modded, then I can no longer play online worry free.