Hacking Unmodding

Deleted member 199854

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this whole xbox mod scene and am purchasing a modded xbox 360. Is it possible to unmod the xbox so that I will not have any issues connextibg to xbox live? Or am I sol if I do purchase it?

(If this in the incorrect area, my apologies. Im also on my phone at work.)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Purchasing a modded xbox to unmod it is a no.
Good chances are they only flashed the optical drive and if you have not made a backup; you cannot revert.
Xbox 360 are cheap these days I saw one used last week at gamestop for 90$ and in another store it was 199 bundled with kinect.
Your better to find one unmodded if youre gonna play online.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can grab the keys off a CFW just as easily as you can a stock firmware. Then just spoof them back to the proper stock firmware.

If you're going to buy a modded 360 you need to find out exactly what mod it has. You also need to find out if it is already banned from live. Educate yourself before buying or you will get ripped off.

If you don't want a modded 360 to begin with why are you looking at this one? Is it insanely cheap?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modding and unmodding a xbox usually takes the same amount of work. Also updating the mod will require the same amount of work once again. There has been quite a few updates and you will need to be on top of the xbox scene to know when not to go online.

The xbox is 85 with a 120 gb hd and a wireless network adapter, wireless controller, and cords.

Seems like a good price, but is it banned from Xbox Live? If a Xbox is banned from online it is not possible to unban yourself.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play on Live your better off buying a new slim unit. This thing could be banned or worse a RRoD unit that has been Jerry rigged to work for a little while and then die on you. If you really want to buy it try and get the price down a bit and then trade in the system itself for a 4GB slim.

Deleted member 199854

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the slim does not have enough hd space for all the borderlands dlc and whatnot. And honestly, i really only need a console. The one i have now overheats like crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night