Uneek+di themes 4.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 75UR15, Dec 13, 2010.

Dec 13, 2010

Uneek+di themes 4.3 by 75UR15 at 9:41 AM (1,112 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. 75UR15
    OP

Newcomer 75UR15 Advanced Member

United States
    Short questions
    1) is sneek+di compatible with custom themes on 4.3
    2) will installing a bad theme on 4.3 corrupt priiloader

Long details
    I have been trying to tinker with a 4.3 theme for a friends red wii (have original/darkwii, wanted one to match the wii color). I tested it fine on my 4.2 actual nand. I tried to take the .mym file and make a .csm using 00000097.app (which is what I do for 4.2 just with 87 instead of 97, so yes using the correct files). The guide showing how to install themes to sneek on the CompleteSMG doesn't mention changing the 97app with the .csm file(or 4.3 at all). I was wondering if it wasn't compatible at all with sneek using 4.3. The theme works both on my real nand(4.2) and my 4.2 sneek nand, but won't load on my 4.3 nand (when compiled properly). I even removed the custom pictures, decompressed the 4.3 97.app and used only original files from there to create a .csm, it wouldn't load either. Is there anything I may be doing wrong, or will it just not work for that version. I don't want to risk bricking his brand new wii. Would this corrupt priiloader if I tried? Never corrupted with bad install on my 4.2..but I'm new to 4.3. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I was going to suggest downgrading to 4.2, but I'm unsure how safe that is on the new red Wiis.

Have you down graded before?

3. 75UR15
    OP

Newcomer 75UR15 Advanced Member

United States
    Nope, my wii was 4.1 (and 4.2 for my black) both now running 4.2. I know the most important things that NEED to be done are a) install ios70v6687 and then the 4.2U system menu v481. Would I need to do anything else, and has anyone else tried this on a limited edition red?
    edit,
    well it must be me, tried someone elses theme for 4.3 it works on my sneek, gonna try to find out why now
    edit2
    this code at the front of the mym.ini is not 4.3 compatible, removing just this fixes it, though I have to figure out how to make the theme work anyway [​IMG] now
    Code:
    [cont1]
    file=\layout\common\health.ash
    type=ASH|U8

[cont2]
    file=\layout\common\cursor.ash
    type=ASH|U8

[cont3]
    file=\layout\common\chanSel.ash
    type=ASH|U8

[cont4]
    file=\layout\common\Diskbann.ash