Undertale for Nintendo Switch to get collector's edition, launches this fall

undertale-collectors-edition-1.jpg

A few weeks ago, we saw the announcement of Undertale and a collector's edition for the Switch in Japan. Now, Fangamer has revealed that the west will also be getting the very same collector's edition. This version of the game comes with a physical cartridge and case, inside of a larger collector's box, alongside a story booklet, the game's soundtrack, a booklet with sheet music, and a heart locket. Undertale for Switch is set to release sometime this September, with the standard edition retailing for $29.99, and the limited collector's edition selling for $69.99.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Main story is over 7 hours long. How is that "extremely short"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll take these ports of older games than shitty "indie" cashgrabs flooding the Switch right now any day.
Maybe I played it wrong but I got the platinum and credits in less than 7 hours

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blame Nintendo for "short shitty overrated indie game cash grab instead of new game" this is a third party release.
It's Fangamer's release, not Nintendo's.
IMO, the collector's edition isn't a cash grab anyhow, it comes with a bunch of goodies. Good if you're a fan, but if not, just buy the $15 digital release, or the $30 standalone release that's just the game and the manual. You don't have to buy the $80 one.

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to be light hearted at all and get to the point, who asked for this? This is not that demanding of a game to merit a port such as this. In high school I've seen so many kids playing on their school issued chromebooks (those who did not have them also downloaded it onto their regular home laptops). My point is, I feel this port didn't need to happen almost anyone can play undertale espescially portably with a laptop. I guess the game may have different mechanics like touch screen mouse combat or good joystick battle mechanics. If it will even have those mechanics, I don't know nor do I expect it, However I'll play the game again if it does have different controls just for the experience

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to be light hearted at all and get to the point, who asked for this? This is not that demanding of a game to merit a port such as this. In high school I've seen so many kids playing on their school issued chromebooks (those who did not have them also downloaded it onto their regular home laptops). My point is, I feel this port didn't need to happen almost anyone can play undertale espescially portably with a laptop. I guess the game may have different mechanics like touch screen mouse combat or good joystick battle mechanics. If it will even have those mechanics, I don't know nor do I expect it, However I'll play the game again if it does have different controls just for the experience
i don't really consider laptop as a handheld "console"
It's still very big and hard to play with in waiting room or in the bus

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to be light hearted at all and get to the point, who asked for this?
Myself and others in this topic, so safe to say that ratio can be transferred to the population of gamers and garnered enough people wanting it to release it.

It's Fangamer, they are known for making memorabilia and merchandise for the fans of games and do an amazing job at it.

Reactions: CeeDee

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sheet music is a pretty cool thing to put in a CE. I hated trying to find sheet music for game music I loved. Always such a pain in the ass. Ended up transcribing stuff from Piano to saxophone with mild success. The game does have some good boss themes.

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have wanted this, but I realise that I would never appreciate it fully. I would buy it look at it a few times and then to the dreaded drawer of random stuff I have accumulated it would go. I might go digital in this case. I have yet to play undertale and I would really enjoy it or at least I think I would. Either way September is a bad month for me with too many games I want coming out, birthdays, special events and not enough money.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already bought the CE for PC, PS4 and PS Vita last year (sold two of them for a profit and got the third one virtually for free).

I guess I'll pass this time.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People realize this takes two connected play-throughs to get any sort of proper ending, right? Also there are randomized elements in each play-through, and a ton of different possible endings. If you're constantly begging for Mother 3, this is basically it.

Last edited by Xzi,

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People realize this takes two connected play-throughs to get any sort of proper ending, right? Also there are randomized elements in each play-through, and a ton of different possible endings. If you're constantly begging for Mother 3, this is basically it.
There are 3 endings. (There are different variations of the neutral ending but they change like 2 lines of dialogue)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are 3 endings. (There are different variations of the neutral ending but they change like 2 lines of dialogue)
In fact there are 93 different variations for the ending, though most of them have minor differences depending on how you interact with each character. Each play through is also assigned a random "universe number" that determines events like W.D. Gaster showing up. On top of everything there's a hard mode.

6wNQy8i.jpg

AFAIK this game was made mostly by a solo dev, which is what makes it really impressive.

Last edited by Xzi,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK this game was made mostly by a solo dev, which is what makes it really impressive.
Two devs were involved. Toby Fox did the majority of the work including the soundtrack, while Temmie Chang did some spritework for it.

Minor spoilers: both also appear as creatures in the game, Toby as the annoying dog while Temmies are NPCs in Waterfall.

The writing was also influenced by Homestuck and was in part developed (word from Toby Fox here) at Andrew Hussies house.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM