Unclear how to track package

Valatros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a SCDSTwo, chose the $20 express mail option because I'm impatient. Order is currently Shipped, and it says on the order status page

You chose to ship this order with Express Shipping (DHL/UPS/EMS)
The tracking number for this order is EEXXXXXXXXXX

The X's being censorship on the tracking number, of course. I have punched the tracking number into UPS, which both the DHL and the UPS links lead me to, no results. Found the DHL site myself and punched it in, no results. Looked up the EMS site which i wasn't even given a link to, no results. It has been status SHIPPED for about 18 hours. How in the world am I supposed to track this package when the tracking number they give me doesn't bloody work?

Edit: And as a side note, the email i got saying it's status had changed to SHIPPED says "no tracking number available" which is pretty freakin' special considering it gives me a tracking number on the order status page. What in the world is going on with their system?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's down to the courier, they have your package. It always seems to take time before the tracking works in their systems. Simply wait, it is on it's way to you. Someone who used to work for USPS did a very good explantation as to what the cause is in a post someone on this forum.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
man, you paid like $55 for a dstwo??

you should have just bought one from from realhotstuff.com for $39 and get in in 3 days with free shipping

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:

you should have just bought one from from realhotstuff.com for $39 and get in in 3 days with free shipping
He got express shipping.

Also as TK says, it's the fault of the courier.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in another thread, but I'll copy and paste it here again.

I used to work at UPS, so I'll tell you how they works.

Usually, a person drops the package that needs to be shipped in the shop. They pay for the shipping and leave the package inside the shop.

Now, shop collects the package and waits for the truck to come by and pick it up. Truck only comes by on weekday basis in the afternoon once per day.

Once the truck comes by, the driver will pick it up, then goes to other shops nearby to do the same.

Once that is all done, truck goes back into sorting hub. There they will unload all those packages. They will sort those packages on weekday basis (so if the truck picks it up on Friday, they will sort it on Monday). During sorting they will scan the package and update the tracking system. That is the first time when the package is registered in tracking system.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
RoMee said:

He got express shipping.

Also as TK says, it's the fault of the courier.

I know he did, that's why I said $55
and express shipping for shoptemp (depending on when you order) will still takes a week

realhotstuff..$39 and since he's in the US, it's free shipping, and arrives in 3 days

Valatros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses; However, apparently still a pretty big flaw since the email i received listed DHL, UPS, and two hong kong airmail options as the ones it would be sent by... and I found my package by putting the stupid tracking code into the USPS site. Nice. Status: Foreign Acceptance, guess this is the phase where I be grateful flashcarts aren't illegal to import at the moment.

And I suppose I may as well mention, RuMee, that while your unsolicited advice may seem helpful from your point of view... If it's not relating to the topic at hand, please refrain from wasting my time with your response. It'd be nice if I could head on back to read my thread when there was a new post in it and actually expect some information, rather then your rambling.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol...a mad noob..okay
rofl.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What in the world is going on with their system?

Above is the question of the topic.

Ryukouki said:
nice way to get help buddy. Biting the head of someone who's helping isn't gonna be nice.
frown.gif

He really wasn't helping. He was just advertising another shop that would have shipped faster. It was a great reference point for future orders, but it was totally inappropriate for the topic at hand.

RoMee said:
QUOTE(Ryukouki @ Sep 30 2010, 02:18 AM)
nice way to get help buddy. Biting the head of someone who's helping isn't gonna be nice.
frown.gif

thanks, Ryukouki

but he's a noob he don't know anything, he's just displaying typical no noob behavior

Then accept that he is new to ordering things online. You were a newb once, and I was one too. There is no reason to use the offensive term for newb. He is mad that you are trying to shove another site down his virtual throat, and I bet all he wants to do is show his appreciation to this site by buying shoptemp. It's a learning experience, and I think Trumpet-205 answered the question in a very concise manner.

I vote to put a sticky about tracking numbers at the top of the forums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.