'Uncharted' live action movie adaptation to release in 2020

UC.JPG
Next up to join the video game to live action movie adaptation hype train is Uncharted! In talks since 2009, the adaptation has picked up steam in the last few years and today we even have a release date! As reported earlier, Spider Man's Tom Holland will indeed star as a young Nathan Drake and the movie will release on December 20, 2020. The news come from a tweet by Geoff Keighley:

:arrow: SOURCE

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think we can pull a Sonic 2019 on them? Maybe as the people they're pandering to, we should collectively put our foot down and make it known, "Yeah, fuck you--just like your games, we'll pirate your movie and rate it poorly. 7.3/10. S.A.D. or two."

I'm sure there's a lot of contractual obligations, preferences (maybe the director wants to look at Tom Hollands wang instead of Nathan Fillions?), availability, salary, etc,.

SEGA/Paramount does what SONY doesn't give a flying fuck about.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Way too young to play young Nathan Drake? That's an odd statement. Did you read the massive one paragraph article, or just the headline?
I read the article smart ass, I've also played the games and Tom holland doesn't come close to what most people would envision playing those games.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the article smart ass, I've also played the games and Tom holland doesn't come close to what most people would envision playing those games.

Oh. Name calling! How clever when you have nothing better to say. You very specifically said "He is way too young for this". He's 23, how is he too young to play a young version of Nathan? What else is a person supposed to believe when such an idiotic statement is made, outside of you didn't originally read the article? You also made zero mention in your prior post about "doesn't come close to what most people would envision playing those games". It was specifically about him being too young.

Sooooooo you've played the games then? And? You're saying he doesn't even come close? Nah... not even close to being able to portray a young Nathan. Not whatsoever. I mean. He looks 100% absolutely NOTHING like a young Nathan portrayed in game. Lmfao. Smh. But whatever.

8QrklRf.jpg

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh. Name calling! How clever when you have nothing better to say. You very specifically said "He is way too young for this". He's 23, how is he too young to play a young version of Nathan? What else is a person supposed to believe when such an idiotic statement is made, outside of you didn't originally read the article? You also made zero mention in your prior post about "doesn't come close to what most people would envision playing those games". It was specifically about him being too young.

Sooooooo you've played the games then? And? You're saying he doesn't even come close? Nah... not even close to being able to portray a young Nathan. Not whatsoever. I mean. He looks 100% absolutely NOTHING like a young Nathan portrayed in game. Lmfao. Smh. But whatever.

8QrklRf.jpg
He may be 23 but his repetoir is playing characters alot younger so this point is irrelevant, it's hard to envision anything other than a cheap cash grab at an attempt to establish a new franchise based on an already established name, ok a name that the main stream may not be aware of, but in the generation of the Internet a simple Google search could enlighten the blind.

However what I'm truly afraid of is a reproduction of the most recent tomb raider film, a lack of knowledge of the source material for a franchise that is cherished.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He may be 23 but his repetoir is playing characters alot younger so this point is irrelevant, it's hard to envision anything other than a cheap cash grab at an attempt to establish a new franchise based on an already established name, ok a name that the main stream may not be aware of, but in the generation of the Internet a simple Google search could enlighten the blind.

However what I'm truly afraid of is a reproduction of the most recent tomb raider film, a lack of knowledge of the source material for a franchise that is cherished.

It's a video game movie. Don't read too much into anything about it, or even really think about it at all for that matter. It's more than likely going to flop regardless of who's in it. Cheers. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up