Italy

What do you think?

moogle.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Alan Wake and looking at the visuals on my TV, Uncharted 2 is far better. Cars in Alan Wake lack that extra amount of detail and there isn't the same amount of detail on their faces.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a joke? Alan Wake isnt even a HD game, it runs in 540p or something along those lines. Uncharted 2 is about 40x better looking.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty sharp, but not as sharp as Uncharted 2. U2 bags it still with various things around especially the moving object/persons type things.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Having played both I would say Uncharted 2 looks a bit better, but not by much. I do like the lighting effects in Alan Wake though, and the story is better. Pity it's so short.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Yep, that's what the game's like. The game runs in 1080p anyway, don't know where you people have got your info from.

1080p? You sure?

Perhaps you're a misinformed fool who thinks he knows much more then he actually does? Perhaps?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...e-tech-analysis

My fav line from the article...

Alan Wake's native resolution is indeed 960x540

Alan Wake is basically in Standard Definition like a PS2 game. In fact, the majority of the Xbox 360 exclusives are all SUB-HD.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
That why it says clearly that it runs in 1080p/1080i/720p on the back of the box? Hmm? And it runs in 1080p on my TV?

And i could tell people you're a smart person, but that would be lying. Have a clue about how systems work, especially HD ones. Its being scaled to 1080p, everything on 360 can scale to any res. Its actual native res is HALF that of 1080p, 540p. Since High Definition begins at 1280x720, Alan Wake is NOT a HD game, just like final fantasy 13 for 360 (PS3 one is HD).

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Aah, didn't notice the native resolution there at all- my mistake.

I was talking to one of my mates who has it too, and he said it's got the best graphics he's ever seen o_0

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, being that it's posted in the Playstation section, I wonder which one more people will favor?

And are visuals really all that important? I found Uncharted 2 to be way too short, sure it looked nice, but I was left wanting a lot more.
Also, for not being an HD game, I find that Alan Wake looks really nice.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Well, being that it's posted in the Playstation section, I wonder which one more people will favor?

And are visuals really all that important? I found Uncharted 2 to be way too short, sure it looked nice, but I was left wanting a lot more.
Also, for not being an HD game, I find that Alan Wake looks really nice.
The topic is about a visual comparison.

Trillhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You are right. Who the hell gives a damn about resolutions or any other shit? Yes its eyeapealing when you see uncharted 2 graphics but seriously you people become snobish. Im still playing with Overboard on my PSX ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released