Hacking unbrickable with Bootmii!!!!!

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
What would happen if you got a power cut when restoring the nand from a brick?and i'd like to format my Wii to get anytitle deleter working again but i have save games like exitebots,mariokart,onslaught that i can't copy to the sd card.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fiddlefaddle22 said:
What would happen if you got a power cut when restoring the nand from a brick?and i'd like to format my Wii to get anytitle deleter working again but i have save games like exitebots,mariokart,onslaught that i can't copy to the sd card.

What firmware are you on? Also, if you are talking about formatting from the System Menu, that would not allow AnyTitle Deleter to work again.

To backup such save files, you could use the Rebooter function of GeckoOS, and remove the No Copy Protection. If this doesn't work for you, you could try the Savegame Extractor to dump the unencrypted save files of those games. To install them back on, you would need the Savegame Installer.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
g4jek8j54 said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

What firmware are you on? Also, if you are talking about formatting from the System Menu, that would not allow AnyTitle Deleter to work again.

To backup such save files, you could use the Rebooter function of GeckoOS, and remove the No Copy Protection. If this doesn't work for you, you could try the Savegame Extractor to dump the unencrypted save files of those games. To install them back on, you would need the Savegame Installer.
I'm on 3.2E with cioscorp v1 and starfall installed and everything works great apart from anytitledeleter which i believe doesn't work due to me having the pirate bug and ive heard on GBAtemp that formatting the Wii is the only way to get it working again.i also did an official upgrade to 4.E and backed up my nand first with bootmii but i get this error ES_Identify (As SU) -1017 when i try to run startpatch and anytitledeleter .

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
fiddlefaddle22 said:

If you pass the initial 7 blocks with success, you won't lose it... dunno what might happen if electricity cutoff during the restoring of blocks reserved for boot2... bushing mentioned on wiibrew forums that there are 3 copies of boot2, and one of them is patched for bootmii core... this suggests system has a failsafe measure against failure in updating of boot2... though with only one copy of botmii core, we seem to be losing this failsafe feature...

though chances are slim that you'll be bricking this way...

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

If you pass the initial 7 blocks with success, you won't lose it... dunno what might happen if electricity cutoff during the restoring of blocks reserved for boot2... bushing mentioned on wiibrew forums that there are 3 copies of boot2, and one of them is patched for bootmii core... this suggests system has a failsafe measure against failure in updating of boot2... though with only one copy of botmii core, we seem to be losing this failsafe feature...

Thanks for the explaination

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

Thing is, I don't think you'll brick even if you fuck up during the first 7 blocks. Have you tried RestoreMii? It first makes a diff between your backup and NAND, then it asks for confirmation before actually confirming the write. When writing, it actually only writes to those blocks marked as diff:ed from NAND; you can verify this easily by noticing the speed difference when it sweeps past green and white squares respectively when restoring.

In other words, it doesn't seem to touch boot1 or boot2.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
joda said:
WiiCrazy said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

Thing is, I don't think you'll brick even if you fuck up during the first 7 blocks. Have you tried RestoreMii? It first makes a diff between your backup and NAND, then it asks for confirmation before actually confirming the write. When writing, it actually only writes to those blocks marked as diff:ed from NAND; you can verify this easily by noticing the speed difference when it sweeps past green and white squares respectively when restoring.

Well never tried the restoremii part, my comments based on mainly people's utterings on the wiibrew forum and I didn't see anything as you described... well then yes electricity cutoff won't have a full bricking effect with that type of restoring...

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
joda said:

Well never tried the restoremii part, my comments based on mainly people's utterings on the wiibrew forum and I didn't see anything as you described... well then yes electricity cutoff won't have a full bricking effect with that type of restoring...
It's really nifty, since this minimizes the eventual wear and tear by needless writes to the NAND, even when moving back and forth between similar backups.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump an old thread but out of interest, has anybody managed to successfully restore a nand dump using Bootmii installed as IOS only?
Also, is it possible a wad manager will come out for use by boot2 Bootmii users, so a Systemmenu wad/IOS etc being installed without doing a full nand restore?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
olliepop2000 said:
Also, is it possible a wad manager will come out for use by boot2 Bootmii users, so a Systemmenu wad/IOS etc being installed without doing a full nand restore?
Already done using WiiGator's cBoot2. You end up with a modified armboot.bin, which is basically IOS36 with full access to NAND. When loaded onto starlet this launches a dol-loader onto broadway which by default boots a modded Wad Manager that doesn't reload IOS, but uses the one loaded from SD card.

I.e. full access to installing WADs without even a single IOS on your NAND.

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
RestoreMii compares the NAND to the backup and then only write the differences, so if you pull out power there is a 50:50 chance it will work (if the memory position of IOS / system menu didn't change since the backup.)

-- twofive

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xDlmaoxD said:
I hope your wii gets brick beyond repair for being and idiot.

Whoops!

Harsh
ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night