Hacking unbrickable with Bootmii!!!!!

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT by suggestion**************THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE BOOTMII INSTALLED AT BOOT2... NOT AS IOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah.. I got drunk and felt like fucking some shit up.. so I took one of my two wii's and tried everything I could to brick it.. deleting system menu... installing half of IOScrop v2... using anytitle deleter to delete anything and everything I could... AND BEHOLD!!! ULTRA brick....

put bootmii card in... restore NAND... BAM... back to perfect... I love this software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I know this has been shared before... but this is the first time I purposely decided to try and fuck up the wii as much as I could... I did not succeed beyond Bootmii's capabilities!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY INSTALL BOOTMII NOW!!!

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Don't Drink and Hack.

disinhibits fear... I am a stout drunk.. it takes a lot... yeah call me an alcoholic if you want.... but at least I was able to quit smokin weed cold turkey after smoking 6-8 times a day for 6-7 years!!

and for the record.. I don't get "plastered!" but thanks for the advice vidboy... btw... I really appreciate your efforts on restoremii!!!... though slightly undocumented.. It was a really great attempt and contribution to the scene! seriously! IOS60 patched and system menu 4.0 in one! not bad for a kid your age!

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
You need a warning in the first post so the Bootmii-IOS kids don't try doing this whole bricking thing cause their Wiis won't be able to handle all that bricking without actually breaking like ours can.

Bootmii is awesome

With bootmii you can also change firmware versions whenever, I have a two backups of my 3.2E NAND and I'll make one tomorrow of my 4.0E now that i updated it, so in case there's ever a need to go back to 3.2 I can just restore that NAND and all will be back to 3.2, then instead of going through all the installation stuff i could just pop my 4.0 backup in and install that.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
With bootmii you can also change firmware versions whenever, I have a two backups of my 3.2E NAND and I'll make one tomorrow of my 4.0E now that i updated it, so in case there's ever a need to go back to 3.2 I can just restore that NAND and all will be back to 3.2, then instead of going through all the installation stuff i could just pop my 4.0 backup in and install that.

Now that is freaking cool. I'm going to do that right now.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep in mind you'll lose any progress you've made on savegames by using an earlier NAND backup, so use the Savegame Manager on any games you've played since backing up beforehand.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Just keep in mind you'll lose any progress you've made on savegames by using an earlier NAND backup, so use the Savegame Manager on any games you've played since backing up beforehand.
excellent point!!!!!!!!!!!

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
never forget, bootMii might be a good brick protection but it _doesn't_ make your Wii 100% unbrickable. Installing a broken boot1/2, changing boot1, or anything related to that (ie "formating" the NAND) will completly brick your Wii and bootMii won't help you in those cases.
So don't go on random deletion rampages

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
never forget, bootMii might be a good brick protection but it _doesn't_ make your Wii 100% unbrickable. Installing a broken boot1/2, changing boot1, or anything related to that (ie "formating" the NAND) will completly brick your Wii and bootMii won't help you in those cases.
So don't go on random deletion rampages
yeah you are right.. but who the hell is gonna accidentally format the NAND!? but seriously, thanks for including the information that I failed to convey!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think reformatting the memory would break BootMii, since all that does is get rid of channels and savegames and such. Still, that option has only ever caused trouble to people with the HBC so it should be avoided.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
well using the format option in the Wii doesn't get rid of bootmii as far as i know since it doesn't touch the boots.
I never used anytitledeleter but does that have access to boot1 and 2? If it does then people could still get some major bricks there, they should make boot1 and 2 accessible only with some serious warning and a password in anytitledeleter assuming it can access them.

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice! What about if i install preloader and bootmii as an IOS? (Since i can't install it on my wii as boot2). I could go into preloader -> hbc -> bootmii -> restore nand?

rAiN mAn 2o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erizo said:
Nice! What about if i install preloader and bootmii as an IOS? (Since i can't install it on my wii as boot2). I could go into preloader -> hbc -> bootmii -> restore nand?

honestly I wouldn't try it (randomnly deleting shit!!) without bootmii installed at boot2.. if ios60 gets messed up.. so does preloader..

if you have a partial brick you can always restore with various homebrew tools through preloader => homebrew channel...

ONLY BOOTMII INSTALLED AT BOOT2 can prevent 99.99999% of bricks!!!!!!!

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
well using the format option in the Wii doesn't get rid of bootmii as far as i know since it doesn't touch the boots.
I never used anytitledeleter but does that have access to boot1 and 2? If it does then people could still get some major bricks there, they should make boot1 and 2 accessible only with some serious warning and a password in anytitledeleter assuming it can access them.

AnyTitle Deleter does have brick protection against those titles, but it's possible to compile a version that doesn't by removing some code from the original source. I've never programmed anything, but I was easily able to compile a version of it with no brick protection against the System Menu and its IOS. I don't ever remember seeing boot1 and boot2 as accessible titles on AnyTitle Deleter, though, so those should be safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: