Hacking Unbrick 3DS without NAND backup?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I have an OLD 3DS that was bricked a long time ago with GW and I have no NAND backup. But the 3DS is hardmoded.

Can I unbrick it with a ctrtransfer image from this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(2.1.0-ctrtransfer) ?
Get a raspberry pi & use the tutorial above.

Here is a link to buy one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016..._1&btsid=b606fcff-3c66-4c03-9cd6-28e7edd34ad5

& buy this to: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-..._1&btsid=b92409e6-a442-4736-80df-9195a02d4230 so you can connect your raspberry pi to a lcd or led screen.

Last edited by Onepunchbruh,
Reactions: Keylogger

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik the unbrick code will only work on the raspberry pi A or B not the B+/2/3, and he could simply use the raspberry pi with any HDMI tv/monitor without buying anything else

but we also dont know how he bricked yet, he may have been bricked by trying to update sysnand in GW mode......now if that was the case seeing as he is hardmodded if we knew exactly what FW he was on, and what FW he was updating i assume he could do a plaintext attack to manually update FIRM to match that of the FW he was updating too

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
afaik the unbrick code will only work on the raspberry pi A or B not the B+/2/3, and he could simply use the raspberry pi with any HDMI tv/monitor without buying anything else

but we also dont know how he bricked yet, he may have been bricked by trying to update sysnand in GW mode......now if that was the case seeing as he is hardmodded if we knew exactly what FW he was on, and what FW he was updating i assume he could do a plaintext attack to manually update FIRM to match that of the FW he was updating too
We know he was updating to 11.0 which is thee latest but don't know which firmware he was on.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
how do we know he was updating to 11.0, he said he bricked it a long time ago.......which would imply it would have been a lower FW

@Keylogger who did your hardmod, if it was me i may have a nand backup for you

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
how do we know he was updating to 11.0, he said he bricked it a long time ago.......which would imply it would have been a lower FW

@Keylogger who did your hardmod, if it was me i may have a nand backup for you
By his long time it means a week I guess because he posted a thread about being bricked a week ago.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
By his long time it means a week I guess because he posted a thread about being bricked a week ago.
well that is one short ass "long time ago" if thats the case, but that would also make the likelyhood of it being a blue screen of death brick very slim as nobody in their right mind would go grab FW 2.0b2 from like 2/3 years ago i would hope nowhere would even be hosting that FW tbh

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well that is one short ass "long time ago" if thats the case, but that would also make the likelyhood of it being a blue screen of death brick very slim as nobody in their right mind would go grab FW 2.0b2 from like 2/3 years ago i would hope nowhere would even be hosting that FW tbh

You'd be surprised by the amount of stupid things people do with their 3ds and then come for help here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up