Homebrew unable to use browser

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I am trying to use get my new3DS running A9LH/firm version 11.0 to work on wifi at work. I teach at a college and the campus has unsecured wifi that you have to open the browser and type in your account info to use. When i try to open browser to go to a random site so it will trigger a login page (which is what i do for my laptop and phone), it says "The browser cannot be used at this time, please check your connection environment." and then the browser quits and my 3DS goes back to the home screen on its own.
anyone else have this issue when trying to connect to "public" wifi like at colleges or cafes?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had that problem exactly, but I can't use my 3ds at my school. It's because you're supposed to sign in and install a configuration profile for phones which the 3ds can't use.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey all, I am trying to use get my new3DS running A9LH/firm version 11.0 to work on wifi at work. I teach at a college and the campus has unsecured wifi that you have to open the browser and type in your account info to use. When i try to open browser to go to a random site so it will trigger a login page (which is what i do for my laptop and phone), it says "The browser cannot be used at this time, please check your connection environment." and then the browser quits and my 3DS goes back to the home screen on its own.
anyone else have this issue when trying to connect to "public" wifi like at colleges or cafes?
Try to bring up a web page on a network without Hotspot authentication.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to connect it to your phone (which is connected to the hotspot)
It should work, in theory
trying to figure out how to use my phone as hotspot and have it get internet from the school wifi instead of the sim card ( dont want to actually use hotspot from my carrier LTE)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
trying to figure out how to use my phone as hotspot and have it get internet from the school wifi instead of the sim card ( dont want to actually use hotspot from my carrier LTE)
Have you tried my solution? In theory, you only need to do it once, then the 3DS knows you have the latest browser.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried my solution? In theory, you only need to do it once, then the 3DS knows you have the latest browser.
i will try it when I am home, i have actually never used the browser except for browserhax when i bought it but that was before the whole plaitec process

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try to connect it to your phone (which is connected to the hotspot)
It should work, in theory
i just turned on wifi sharing on my Galaxy S7 and browser works fine, and i just went back to the college wifi and it works now! i guess i had to access it once on a regular wifi first

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Your school blocks the Nintendo servers used initially when using the browser. If you get the message once, it'll persist until the console is powered off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-