unable to use browser

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by kofman13, May 28, 2016.

1. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    Hey all, I am trying to use get my new3DS running A9LH/firm version 11.0 to work on wifi at work. I teach at a college and the campus has unsecured wifi that you have to open the browser and type in your account info to use. When i try to open browser to go to a random site so it will trigger a login page (which is what i do for my laptop and phone), it says "The browser cannot be used at this time, please check your connection environment." and then the browser quits and my 3DS goes back to the home screen on its own.
    anyone else have this issue when trying to connect to "public" wifi like at colleges or cafes?

2. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I haven't had that problem exactly, but I can't use my 3ds at my school. It's because you're supposed to sign in and install a configuration profile for phones which the 3ds can't use.

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Try to bring up a web page on a network without Hotspot authentication.

4. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Try to connect it to your phone (which is connected to the hotspot)
    It should work, in theory

5. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    trying to figure out how to use my phone as hotspot and have it get internet from the school wifi instead of the sim card ( dont want to actually use hotspot from my carrier LTE)

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Have you tried my solution? In theory, you only need to do it once, then the 3DS knows you have the latest browser.

7. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    i will try it when I am home, i have actually never used the browser except for browserhax when i bought it but that was before the whole plaitec process

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i just turned on wifi sharing on my Galaxy S7 and browser works fine, and i just went back to the college wifi and it works now! i guess i had to access it once on a regular wifi first

8. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Finally my theory gets proven! :P

9. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Your school blocks the Nintendo servers used initially when using the browser. If you get the message once, it'll persist until the console is powered off.