Unable to transfer files to the PSP using FileZilla and ARK-4's FTP server.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm unable to upload files to the PSP using FileZilla Client and ARK-4's FTP server.

EDIT: To make matters worse, these Memory Stick PRO Duo compatible microSD adapters are so fragile my second one is breaking too. Also, copying data to the PSP and vice-versa via PSP's USB cable is slower than if using the PSP's microSD card inserted in an USB 3.0 microSD adapter connected to the PC's USB 3.0 ports, and for some reason, when connecting the PSP to the PC's 2 USB 3.0 ports via USB cable, it keeps disconnecting as soon as I barely touch the PSP's USB cable, but not if I connect it to the remaining USB port, which is USB 2.0. I don't have this problem if I connect the PSP's USB cable to another PC's USB 3.0 (and USB 2.0) ports. One more reason to upload files to the PSP using FileZilla Client and ARK-4's FTP server.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't use filezilla, use Window's file explorer:
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/connect-ftp-server-windows-explorer/

Use anonymous login.

I wanted to use FileZilla Client to upload files from the PC to the PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita and PS TV. Anyway, an error message appears saying: "The folder X is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access" when I try to access the PSP from Windows 11's File Explorer. I'm not even asked any credentials so I can't use Anonymous login.

I also had an error message when accessing the PS3 via Windows 11's File Explorer and the connection failed.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I wanted to be ble able to use FileZilla for the PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita and PS TV. Anyway, when I try to access the PSP from Windows 11's File Explorer, a window opens stating: "The folder X is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access". I'm not even asked any credentials so I can't use Anonymous login.

I also had an error when accessing the PS3 via Windows 11's File Explorer and the connection ended.
Then maybe something is wrong with your router. Try using an Android phone with wifi tethering.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then maybe something is wrong with your router. Try using an Android phone with wifi tethering.

In the former router it didn't work too. I tried that and it also didn't work since the PSP said the connection wasn't supported and I couldn't even select it.

• Sad
Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like a decade ago (it actually was, lol) I used FileZilla to ftp to my psp. I believe I was using this…

https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/PSP-FTPD_PSP

Maybe the program you are using has long since been abandoned.

To me, it seems to be a problem on the PSP side, since the android phone didn’t work. Maybe it wasn’t the droid you were looking for?

• Haha
Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It feels like a decade ago (it actually was, lol) I used FileZilla to ftp to my psp. I believe I was using this…

https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/PSP-FTPD_PSP

Maybe the program you are using has long since been abandoned.

To me, it seems to be a problem on the PSP side, since the android phone didn’t work. Maybe it wasn’t the droid you were looking for?

I was recommended that program before, so I guess I'll test it. What do you mean by the droid I was looking for?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry. Lame attempt at tossing a Star Wars meme.

Hopefully FTPd will be a better experience for you.

I tried PSP-FTPD and it's working with FileZilla Client. Like I thought, it's very slow, especially when uploading folders with some files, which I guess may also stop FileZilla Client from uploading some of the files like on the PS3, but it's still better than nothing.

So, does it have to do with my router or with ARK-4's FTP server since according to what you said in another thread, the latter has for some reason less available RAM than PSP FTPD and the performance depends on the quantity of available RAM, which in turn depends on the quantity of available games?

EDIT: I have a new PC and I don't have the PSP USB cable issue on it.

EDIT 2: My PSP has issues when connecting to my home network. I have to use Wi-Fi tethering from my phone (the 2.4 GHz band must be used and a password mustn't be set) when setting date and time, updating the FW or accessing the browser (this didn't happen with the previous ISP router which was older than this one and had a different SSID and password), and even so, PSP-FTPD still doesn't work.

When trying to set date and time, updating the FW or accessing the browser while connected to my home network, it enters a loop saying "Connecting to the access point... Please wait." and "Exchanging key information... Please wait." until it ends with "The key information exchange timed out. The WPA key you entered may not be correct.".

PSP-FTPD (regardless if I'm connected to my home network or to my Wi-Fi tethered one) says "Trying to connect to X Connection state of 2/6 of 4" and it never proceeds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.