OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello!

When I put a backup into my Wii, it just says; "Unable to read disc". Although, the backups can be read sometimes, but it's quite rare.

Original games works just fine.

I have Wiikey with the latest update "1.9s".

My DVD's are Traxdata DVD+R 16x

And oh, it's a higher possibility that the backups can be read, if the Wii has been turn of for some hours.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This problem happens with a friend of mine aswell... The games load just fine on his wii-wiikey, but eventually get DREs, usually during cutscenes... This exact same games play just fine on mine...

vlakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pokemongalaxy said:
Nin10doFan said:
What's you burn speed? Should be 4x...
I thought burn speed for highly succesful working dvds were max 2xso maybe it should even be less than that

i burn mine at 16x, works flawlessly on my wii but dre on friends wii :S

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this debate and always try and get my oar in.

The Wii reads at 6x (well, the first model ones do anyway) - therefore it's best if you burn at 6x.

This has certainly been proven on my wii with the troublesome title Bully (some say Bully is fine, but I reckon its a good stress test for burn/media quality) you can HEAR the difference clearly with anything other than 6x. click brr click brr etc.

*not taking credit, I took this from Afterdawn*

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It IS either your media and other people's wii's are less sensitive, or it's your soldering perhaps. But I REALLY recon the first.. get some verbatim or tdk's and burn at 4x

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all my burns are on verbatims @ 4x... they play perfect on my wii-wiikey... they will load and start to play fine on my firends, but he eventually gets DREs... his wii must just have a weak drive... funny thing is, all his originals play perfect...

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Legacy_Of_Kings said:
Hm, I burn at 2,4x, so I really don't think the burn speed is the problem.. I use Traxdata, which is known to work perfectly on the Wii. =/
burning too slow can also be a bad thing, or your burner could be the culprit. but just try a different brand.

Legacy_Of_Kings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried to burn Mario Kart now with 4x, and I could actually play it for some seconds now, without the "Game Disc could not be read" sign. But then it came and ruined my day.. Any suggestion?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn