Legacy_Of_Kings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for the double-post, but I need to say that my ImgBurn is strange. I put it to burn with 6x, but it just burns with 2,4x anyway.

Can anyone recommend any other program to use?

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with my dvd burner or IMGBRN, not sure which.

I installed a new dvd burner and I burned Brawl and it worked, now I've been trying to burn Mario Kart and I get "Error", so after 14 discs, I decided to burn another game "Opoona" and now my Wii won't read that game disc. But all my other burned games work in my Wii (Mario,Bully,Brawl,etc..)

Someone suggested if I Padded my dvd burner... does anyone know what that means??

Thanks sosodef

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ImgBurn will often choose what is best for the disc/burner, and ignore what you select for it to burn at for example, with my burner, I will choose 4x, and it will burn at 2x for a while ... usually 'til around 30 to 40 %, then go up to 4x, for a while, then down to 3.6x, for the rest of the burn.

Yet all my discs work perfectly.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in other words, sounds like your burner is the culprit, legacy
wink.gif
(or the combo of that brand of discs with your burner)

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
A friend gave me a copy of MK Wii, had the exact same problem as you, but I have an Argon (1.8). I ripped the ISO off the disc he gave me, burnt it on my own Verbatim disc at 4x using ImgBurn and works flawlessly.

I'm not sure what brand of disc he used, though.

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burn all my iso's using IMGBRN 3x... I've never had this problem until after I installed this new burner, I've always used the same discs (knock on wood) never had DRE. I updated to 3.2u and I updated NTSC Brawl update on my Wii (NTSC), and I was able to burn with the new burner, Brawl on a DVD9 and it still works. Now I try to burn Wiikey's conf disc and Mario Kart and Opoona and they all say "Error". So to me it sounds like it could be my burner and someone told me to try "Padding" your burner.... does anyone know what he meant by that?

Thanks for all your input!
hate2.gif

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
3x is never a good speed.

Switch up to 4x, or down to either 2x or 2.4x ... they are more likely to be compatible with your burner/media combination.

okay I'll give 4x a try... is Wiikey the best place to get the conf disc 1.9s... what is the difference between the config 1.9s and the update 1.9s??

Thanks for your help !!

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
thebobevil said:
3x is never a good speed.

Switch up to 4x, or down to either 2x or 2.4x ... they are more likely to be compatible with your burner/media combination.

okay I'll give 4x a try... is Wiikey the best place to get the conf disc 1.9s... what is the difference between the config 1.9s and the update 1.9s??

Thanks for your help !!

I gave 4x a try and it still says "error"

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
Does anyone know how to downsize the Wiikey config 1.9s disc, so it'll be the size of a Gamecube game???

no but we've been communicating because we have the same problem. I think he fixed his prob though.

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Legacy_Of_Kings said:
Sorry for the double-post, but I need to say that my ImgBurn is strange. I put it to burn with 6x, but it just burns with 2,4x anyway.

Can anyone recommend any other program to use?

You can use Nero.

And, yeah, I have almost the same problem that you have (my Wii is japanese with 2DCKEY).

Sometimes (its not very frequent) my Wii stops working. Its happen only with some games.

And the last two games that I burned presented a problem.

Fire Emblem (PAL version) always stops (with a error massege) when I put the protagonist (the girl) to fight. Yep, its a very strange error... LOL.

I tried to burn the ISO with 2 different DVDs (Masterprint and Nipponic), but I have the same problem with both.

Well, I can play if I disabled the attacks animations, but I wanna play the game like it should be.

And Mario Kart Wii too... I played nice for some hours, but after the game started to present slowdowns on the game itself and even on the menus. Now, when I play MK it works fine for some time, but after this the slowdowns started to happen.

Well, with Mario Kart I burned only in one type of DVD (Masterprint) that has not a good quality. So, this week I will buy others DVDs and try to burn Mario Kart and Fire Emblem again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q