Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I'm trying to play an English patched version of my dump of "Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken - Ougon no Kaze", but I can't get it to work, either as an ISO or via a PS2 classic. It seems to boot into the PS2 emulator, but then just goes back to the XMB (hdmi loses input, gives a black 720p screen for a minute, no input, then back to XMB). It works fine in PCSX2, and all my other backups work fine on my PS3, plus it says its compatible on this compatibility sheet.
I'm currently running Rebug 4.81, and it's been a while since I've messed with PS3 homebrew, so let me know if you have any suggestions, questions or solutions, thanks.

edit: it also might be worth noting that, when mounting the iso, it shows on the xmb as a blue disc, whereas the rest of my ps2 games mount with a gold disc icon. I don't know how the system chooses which icon, but I do know that the jojo.iso is 3gb, which is definitely not a cd-size game, which is what the blue discs on ps2 meant lol. I'm not sure if there's anything to gather from this, but i figure it's worth mentioning.

Last edited by Shawn ShyGuy,
D

Deleted User

Long story short, I'm trying to play an English patched version of my dump of "Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken - Ougon no Kaze", but I can't get it to work, either as an ISO or via a PS2 classic. It seems to boot into the PS2 emulator, but then just goes back to the XMB (hdmi loses input, gives a black 720p screen for a minute, no input, then back to XMB). It works fine in PCSX2, and all my other backups work fine on my PS3, plus it says its compatible on this compatibility sheet.
I'm currently running Rebug 4.81, and it's been a while since I've messed with PS3 homebrew, so let me know if you have any suggestions, questions or solutions, thanks.

How are you loading it
webman
multiman
irisman
ps2classic launcher
rebug ps2 launcher
etc

Can try updating to 4.85 with cobra

Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
How are you loading it
webman
multiman
irisman
ps2classic launcher
rebug ps2 launcher
etc

Can try updating to 4.85 with cobra
tried loading iso via webman, multiman, mmcm, irisman, and managunz, and enc.bin or whatever the ps2 classic one is via mmcm, no luck, ill try the other ones you mentioned though

Vivisector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably doesn't help much but I ran an English patched Front Mission 5 ISO and got it to work through Multiman and Webman. My only issue is I kept adding ISOs which causes multiman to crash upon launch every time which is why I later tried it with webman. No issues. Do your patched ISOs work on a hacked PS2 or a PS2 emulator? Have you checked to make sure they've been patched properly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30