Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
JENNIZZLE said:
tanis698 said:
try this guide http://yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178 . if you can't get it to work with that one then you might want to not even mess with your wii. it don't get any easier.

I already tried this one twice and after the scam warning pit goes to black; and freezes there. Honestly, the tutorial that I've gone the furthest with is as follows:

Just ignore everything all people say use this guide, use that guide, downgrade or whatever. If you are not prompted to press 1(is it 1?) in the hackmii installer, you have some problem, and it will occur eventually again when you do other stuff, so you wouldn't gain anything.

Did you test with ALL wifi and wiiconnect24 options turned off? And did you wait at least 2 minutes in each test? (it should be ~30 seconds, 2 min to be sure)

And also do not use any guide that downgrades anything else than IOS15. Notdvdx is an example for IOS35 downgrade, avoid that too. Downgrade may work on your Wii, but the best is to burry the downgrade crap as it's 1. not necessary and 2. won't work on all Wiis(and is VERY dangerous on the Wiis it does not work on).

PS: Do you use a LAN adapter or do you have anything plugged into the usb or GC ports? If yes, unplug that all
PPS: Do you hardsync your Wiimote?

Where pis the best place in the Wii menu where I can test my wifi connection. Aren't I supposed to be connected to Wifi? Yes, I turned off my Wiiconnect24. I waited 20 minutes at one point and the number one never showed up. Even when I would press one it did nothing. I'm almost positive i don't have an LAN adapter. Regardless, I tried this at my house as well as two friends' houses with their internet. What do you mean by hardsync? I believe I did it the regular way.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The regular way? If you need to do more than just turn your Wii motes on when you play games, they are not hard synced.

And no you do not need wifi for anything relevant. You can get HBC, a cIOS, backup launchers and regular homebrew without wifi, i do not know why people tell to enable wifi. So see what happens when you delete all network settings.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Listen to WiiPower only, and me telling u to listen to him u should also listen to other then that ignore the rest.

Find wiipowers application called Trucha bug restorer. Find the thread that tells u How to use his software.

once u have a downgraded ios36 FROM USING TBR Install cios14 .

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unplug everything that is not essential, update to 4.1 via Nintendo and try again. If the hackmii installer (you use v3, right?) still hangs after this talk to the twiizers because then it's a bug in the installer...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thc42O said:
Listen to WiiPower only, and me telling u to listen to him u should also listen to other then that ignore the rest.

Find wiipowers application called Trucha bug restorer. Find the thread that tells u How to use his software.

TBR does not downgrade IOS36, you got that wrong. Also, what use would that have? No HackMii installer ==> No HBC. That's a serious isse that needs to be solved, other stuff may work, but when you get other problems, you will have serious trouble solving them.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
thc42O said:
Listen to WiiPower only
Quoted for truth... Not only is WiiPower's advice very sound, but he understands this stuff waaaaaaay better than the overwhelming majority of us. If you can get the hackmii installer to launch but it doesn't give you the option to press "1" after a few seconds either your Wii remote isn't "properly" synced (Remove the Wiimote battery cover, press the sync button on the Wii, hold the syunc button on the remote) or there it's a bug in the Hackmii installer (unlikely).

::EDIT:: Maybe there is an issue, the first poster in this thread is having the same issue I think: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175770

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
thc42O said:

TBR does not downgrade IOS36, you got that wrong. Also, what use would that have? No HackMii installer ==> No HBC. That's a serious isse that needs to be solved, other stuff may work, but when you get other problems, you will have serious trouble solving them.

sorry, it restores the trucha bug into ios36.

any update on your situation jennizle

JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
WiiPower said:
thc42O said:

sorry, it restores the trucha bug into ios36.

any update on your situation jennizle

I just got home now from class and will be working on the wii again. I am going to read through all of your tips to see if anything works. I will continue to post my progress. Thanks so much everyone!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the hackmii installer not loading like that also some sort of bug with syncing that could be resolved by using a GC controller and pressing A at the screen instead of using a Wiimote?

Could be wrong, but worth a shot anyways especially if you do have a GC controller handy.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
so youre trying to follow and old outdated guide then?

downgrading ios35? wad manager v1.3? cios rev9?

just upgrade to 4.1 or use dop-ios to update every ios you have, then try again with a new guide that is far more simple and works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz