JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

Okay, so I followed all of the steps for the Bannerbomb Exploit carefully. I downloaded aad1f_v108.zip and unzipped it onto the SD card as required. I made sure I had the latest version of the HackMii which is HackMii Installer v0.3. My Wii's serial number is: LU39 which was purchased yesterday from a Best Buy.

The pop up dialogue stating "Load boot.dol/elf?" does come up. Once I click yes, the screen is black and says this, "This software must not be sold, neither alone nor as part of a bundle. If you paid for this software or received it as part of a bundle following payment, you have been scammed and should demand your money back immediately. For further details see http://hbc.hackmii.com/scam"

It basically stays on this screen for a very long time to the point that I take it that it's frozen. While this screen is up, the led light on the Wiimote is on.

I even tried every other format:
aad20_v108.zip
aad22_v108.zip
aad1e_v108.zip
aad26_v108.zip
and nothing worked.

My friend was able to do it for his Wii which is an older version LU30. His works just fine with Homebrew but it's a different process. When he put his SD card in my Wii it would actually go really far into the installation process but it would suddenly freeze and turn off his Wiimote when he gets to WAD Manager 1.4 for the 2nd time when he has to change the IOS to 35. He is not able to change it to 35 because it completely shuts off the Wiimote. He even tried using his Gamecube controller and nothing. This is where we started searching for other alternatives.

Aside from that I have spent two whole days watching tutorials for 4.0 and 4.1 Wii's on Youtube, threads, google, etc. Everyone makes it seem so simple (especially on the Youtube videos) and it never works for me. It always freezes up and I never get far. Although my Wii is version 4.0 and is supposedly hackable now--I fear that it may be too new to work with any hacks regardless.
frown.gif

I don't know what to do anymore at this point and really need someone's help out there.

Thanks!

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use comex 3.4 dvdx rename to boot.dol with bannerbomb enable wifi on your wii downgrade ios35 then install
cioswad rev9 for trucha abilty then update to rev14 and install neogamma all these things are here on tha site
and use google as well sorry i cant link to them that's the rules.....

JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
use comex 3.4 dvdx rename to boot.dol with bannerbomb enable wifi on your wii downgrade ios35 then install
cioswad rev9 for trucha abilty then update to rev14 and install neogamma all these things are here on tha site
and use google as well sorry i cant link to them that's the rules.....

Wow, you're amazing. Okay, so I already downgraded to IOS35.

What do I do then? Do I take out the SD card, insert it into my computer again and install cIOSWAD rev9?

If I do that, do I delete the boot.dol on my SD card?

Then, when I insert the SD card back into the Wii will it automatically give me the option to update to rev14?

How do I go about installing neogamma..is that in the Wii system or is that by computer?

Thanks so much for your amazing help!

JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far what has worked the best for me was installing comex 3.4 dvdx and renaming it to boot.dol with bannerbomb's private folder.

It took me to where I chose to downgrade to 35.

Then my only options was really to exit....where do I go from there is my problem....

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i was on another site helping out on the latest 360 liteon 8385c flashing i'm havin a smoke
i will write a tutorial when i come back in.....

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JENNIZZLE said:
Hey all!

Okay, so I followed all of the steps for the Bannerbomb Exploit carefully. I downloaded aad1f_v108.zip and unzipped it onto the SD card as required. I made sure I had the latest version of the HackMii which is HackMii Installer v0.3. My Wii's serial number is: LU39 which was purchased yesterday from a Best Buy.

The pop up dialogue stating "Load boot.dol/elf?" does come up. Once I click yes, the screen is black and says this, "This software must not be sold, neither alone nor as part of a bundle. If you paid for this software or received it as part of a bundle following payment, you have been scammed and should demand your money back immediately. For further details see http://hbc.hackmii.com/scam"

It basically stays on this screen for a very long time to the point that I take it that it's frozen. While this screen is up, the led light on the Wiimote is on.

I even tried every other format:
aad20_v108.zip
aad22_v108.zip
aad1e_v108.zip
aad26_v108.zip
and nothing worked.

My friend was able to do it for his Wii which is an older version LU30. His works just fine with Homebrew but it's a different process. When he put his SD card in my Wii it would actually go really far into the installation process but it would suddenly freeze and turn off his Wiimote when he gets to WAD Manager 1.4 for the 2nd time when he has to change the IOS to 35. He is not able to change it to 35 because it completely shuts off the Wiimote. He even tried using his Gamecube controller and nothing. This is where we started searching for other alternatives.

Aside from that I have spent two whole days watching tutorials for 4.0 and 4.1 Wii's on Youtube, threads, google, etc. Everyone makes it seem so simple (especially on the Youtube videos) and it never works for me. It always freezes up and I never get far. Although my Wii is version 4.0 and is supposedly hackable now--I fear that it may be too new to work with any hacks regardless.
frown.gif

I don't know what to do anymore at this point and really need someone's help out there.

Thanks!

I got this from the last Wii I did.

I pressed 1 or 2 on the WiiMote and it continued.

JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
for a start, thats not exactly a brand new wii. LU39 are fairly old.

secondly, you should have just looked in the stickies and you would have seen, for example, this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

tells you step by step exactly how to softmod your wii as simply as possible. works on every wii.

Trust me, I have tried countless simple tutorials. I followed the tutorial from the link you sent me and once again like all other times, it freezes on the screen where it warns me about the software must not be sold, etc. I even made sure to turn off WiiConnect24, bought a new SD card (Sandisk 2GB)\, formatted it to FAT(default) which is the equivalent to FAT16 on Windows XP/Vista. I followed a well organized tutorial by Gisel as well and when I get to the wadding part it freezes on the wad screen.
frown.gif

JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tanis698 said:
try this guide http://yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178 . if you can't get it to work with that one then you might want to not even mess with your wii. it don't get any easier.

I already tried this one twice and after the scam warning pit goes to black; and freezes there. Honestly, the tutorial that I've gone the furthest with is as follows:

STEP ON COPY BB CARD 1 TO SDCARD OVERWRITE EVERYTHING MAKE SURE WII IS ON WIFI
SELECT THE 1ST OPTION LET IT RUN AND FINISH

[BB CARD 1: Private folder & Boot.dol[]

STEP AFTER THAT IS DONE ERASE SDCARD AND COPY BB CARD 2 TO YOUR SD CARD RUN IT
THE WAD MANAGER IS BASED ON IOS35 BUT IT SHOULD SAY USING IOS35-2334312 OR SOME
SCRAMBLED NUMBERS ANYWAY INSTALL IOS35-64-1040 WAD EXIT WAD MANAGER THEN RUN IT
AGAIN THIS TIME INSTALL CIOS249REV9.WAD AFTER THAT INSTALL INSTALL NGL-YADA.WAD
THIS IS NEO GAMMA AUTO BOOT CHANNEL I MADE WHEN IT'S DONE EXIT WAD MANAGER

[BB CARD 2: Private folder, Boot.dol, & Wad folder]*******THIS IS THE PIONT WHERE THE WAD MANAGER ACTUALLY LOADS BUT FREEZES. ALL I SEE IS A WHITE BAR AT THE TOP THAT SAYS "WAD Manager V1.3" and to the extreme right it says Teknoconsolas. Underneath that bar is all black.*******

STEP THREE ERASE SDCARD AND COPY BB CARD 3 TO YOUR SDCARD RUN IT YOU WILL SEE
WANINKOKOS REV14 INSTALLER POPUP FOLLOW THE PROMPTS IT WILL ASK WHICH IOS TO
USE MAKE SURES ITS IOS249 HIT A SELECT WAD INSTALLATION AND IT WILL SAY APPLYING
PATCHES WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH WHEN IT SAYS PRESS ANY BUTTON TO RESTART TAP A
AND YOUR DONE YOUR 4.0 WII IS SOFT MODDED

HELP!!! AGHHH! I have taken everyone's advice and tips as well as every simple tutorial out there. The only thing I haven't tried is upgrading to 4.1.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have modded like 10 wii's with that guide and all of them have had a serial number lu65 or higher without a problem. use the link i gave you and don't skip a step.update to 4.1 since you are already on 4.0 then start the guide again.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JENNIZZLE said:
tanis698 said:
try this guide http://yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178 . if you can't get it to work with that one then you might want to not even mess with your wii. it don't get any easier.

I already tried this one twice and after the scam warning pit goes to black; and freezes there. Honestly, the tutorial that I've gone the furthest with is as follows:

Just ignore everything all people say use this guide, use that guide, downgrade or whatever. If you are not prompted to press 1(is it 1?) in the hackmii installer, you have some problem, and it will occur eventually again when you do other stuff, so you wouldn't gain anything.

Did you test with ALL wifi and wiiconnect24 options turned off? And did you wait at least 2 minutes in each test? (it should be ~30 seconds, 2 min to be sure)

And also do not use any guide that downgrades anything else than IOS15. Notdvdx is an example for IOS35 downgrade, avoid that too. Downgrade may work on your Wii, but the best is to burry the downgrade crap as it's 1. not necessary and 2. won't work on all Wiis(and is VERY dangerous on the Wiis it does not work on).

PS: Do you use a LAN adapter or do you have anything plugged into the usb or GC ports? If yes, unplug that all
PPS: Do you hardsync your Wiimote?

JENNIZZLE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it seems as though I should update to 4.1. How would I go about doing that?

Also, I did turn off the wiiconnect24.

The tutorial that you mentioned worked on 10 wii's doesn't work for me. It freezes up after the scam popup. I have not skpipped a single step. Bannerbomb seems to wor;k but Hackermii doesn't. I used the latest Hackermii installation and even used version 2.0 and failed again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage