Unable to find a private header

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cybermage, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Cybermage
    OP

Cybermage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
  2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    why not use CFW, all 3ds's can downgrade to 9.2 allowing CIAs and to not ever need to worry about headers for online use. I would install all games that use online as CIA then you can keep the rest on the sky3ds if you want.

3. Cybermage
    OP

Cybermage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    my N3DS is on 10.3 and i have been waiting for it to stabilize. because i really dont want to brick it. if you could recommend a good tutorial for how to do the downgrade and install to CFW i would be willing to try

4. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Use the first method and when your looking for the private header scroll up or down looking for it. I know that when I did it, it was not close to how it was in the gif image

And remember

"Cant Find 00 00 00 88:
    The header may not be in the same place as mine, could be above or a little below... in every instance that I've seen it has been in view of the .bin file we searched
    It ALWAYS has 88 Before it, and 48 FF bytesafter"

Last edited by Mr.zzz, Jan 17, 2016
    LameNobody likes this.
  5. Cybermage
    OP

Cybermage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    wait you mean it can be above where the search is?

6. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Yup. And you already got a sky+ and you wouldn't want to brick anything.

7. Cybermage
    OP

Cybermage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    i am still looking for it I am able to find the 00 00 00 88 but it is finding the 48 ff that seems like an impossibility. does it matter what card i use for the header?

8. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    You would want to use a card that has some online features. And it dosnt have to be 00 00 00 88. It could be something random then 88. I'm 100 sure your private header is the one before all the FFFFFFFF. Until you hit 88

9. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Any games even without network features can still work

10. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    That's cool to know. I guessed that it would be better to have a private header of a game that could actually go online if you're going online. I guess I didn't need to buy steel diver lol

11. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Don't know if this willl help any but this is from the official sky3ds website in the FAQ section.

Q:I just purchased the latest version of Sky3ds+. wonder if you have the instruction to edit the private
    header for the online game play?

A: Open the file settings.txt, add in the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1" and save it, once got the
    file "xxxxx.CFG" for that online game built in your microSD card, open it and replace the value of the "GAMESAVE_KEY" with your private header info(Unique_ID), save it and enjoy your online play without
    ban risk!

Last edited by cvskid, Jan 17, 2016
  12. Cybermage
    OP

Cybermage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    ok I think i may have found it.
    should i take out the spaces when i try to put in the config file?

13. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Yea you want to open the .cfg and edit the line that says gamesave key. Replace whatever value was there with your private header. Remember to delete your game save file. If you already have one so that it takes effect.

If you can't get online you might need to change the first two letter of your ID to match the manufacturer that made your game. I forgot what all the manufacturer ID code are but I bet someone will post it or you can good it. They only have like 4

Post one has the solution
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-002-0123-in-sky3ds.409805/#post-5966900

14. Cybermage
    OP

Cybermage Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    yeah i think i need the cart id for it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok just so that everyone knows you have to change the cart id to AE and a private header ! thanks everyone for the help

15. Mr.zzz

Mr.zzz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    C2 = Macronix
    AE = OKI Semiconductor
    45 = SanDisk

Try replacing it with C2 then the others. C2 is the most common. I think there's one more but I don't remember.

Edit- Oh oky didn't see you found what yours was. It's different for everyone.

16. skidooelan

skidooelan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    Somewhere people speak french
    It is probably at the most stable point right now. It is stable enough to downgrade (I did it). Use SafeSysUpdater and triple check everything.

17. Stardotstar

Stardotstar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2008
    I think your answer relates to where and how to insert the private header whereas the OP is looking how to actually find a private header to insert.

Cybermage and cvskid like this.