Hacking Unable to find a private header

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed the tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/page-2

I for the life of me cannot find the header. I have followed everything precisely. I have the new sky3ds + and am wanting to play triforce heroes but i am having 0 luck on this. any help would be great
why not use CFW, all 3ds's can downgrade to 9.2 allowing CIAs and to not ever need to worry about headers for online use. I would install all games that use online as CIA then you can keep the rest on the sky3ds if you want.

Cybermage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my N3DS is on 10.3 and i have been waiting for it to stabilize. because i really dont want to brick it. if you could recommend a good tutorial for how to do the downgrade and install to CFW i would be willing to try

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the first method and when your looking for the private header scroll up or down looking for it. I know that when I did it, it was not close to how it was in the gif image

And remember

"Cant Find 00 00 00 88:
The header may not be in the same place as mine, could be above or a little below... in every instance that I've seen it has been in view of the .bin file we searched
It ALWAYS has 88 Before it, and 48 FF bytesafter"

Last edited by Mr.zzz,
Reactions: LameNobody

Cybermage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am still looking for it I am able to find the 00 00 00 88 but it is finding the 48 ff that seems like an impossibility. does it matter what card i use for the header?

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am still looking for it I am able to find the 00 00 00 88 but it is finding the 48 ff that seems like an impossibility. does it matter what card i use for the header?

You would want to use a card that has some online features. And it dosnt have to be 00 00 00 88. It could be something random then 88. I'm 100 sure your private header is the one before all the FFFFFFFF. Until you hit 88

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool to know. I guessed that it would be better to have a private header of a game that could actually go online if you're going online. I guess I didn't need to buy steel diver lol

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed the tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/page-2

I for the life of me cannot find the header. I have followed everything precisely. I have the new sky3ds + and am wanting to play triforce heroes but i am having 0 luck on this. any help would be great
Don't know if this willl help any but this is from the official sky3ds website in the FAQ section.

Q:I just purchased the latest version of Sky3ds+. wonder if you have the instruction to edit the private
header for the online game play?

A: Open the file settings.txt, add in the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1" and save it, once got the
file "xxxxx.CFG" for that online game built in your microSD card, open it and replace the value of the "GAMESAVE_KEY" with your private header info(Unique_ID), save it and enjoy your online play without
ban risk!

Last edited by cvskid,

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I think i may have found it.
should i take out the spaces when i try to put in the config file?

Yea you want to open the .cfg and edit the line that says gamesave key. Replace whatever value was there with your private header. Remember to delete your game save file. If you already have one so that it takes effect.

If you can't get online you might need to change the first two letter of your ID to match the manufacturer that made your game. I forgot what all the manufacturer ID code are but I bet someone will post it or you can good it. They only have like 4

Post one has the solution
https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-002-0123-in-sky3ds.409805/#post-5966900

Last edited by Mr.zzz,

Cybermage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think i need the cart id for it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok just so that everyone knows you have to change the cart id to AE and a private header ! thanks everyone for the help

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C2 = Macronix
AE = OKI Semiconductor
45 = SanDisk

Try replacing it with C2 then the others. C2 is the most common. I think there's one more but I don't remember.

Edit- Oh oky didn't see you found what yours was. It's different for everyone.

Last edited by Mr.zzz,

skidooelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my N3DS is on 10.3 and i have been waiting for it to stabilize. because i really dont want to brick it. if you could recommend a good tutorial for how to do the downgrade and install to CFW i would be willing to try
It is probably at the most stable point right now. It is stable enough to downgrade (I did it). Use SafeSysUpdater and triple check everything.

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know if this willl help any but this is from the official sky3ds website in the FAQ section.

Q:I just purchased the latest version of Sky3ds+. wonder if you have the instruction to edit the private
header for the online game play?

A: Open the file settings.txt, add in the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1" and save it, once got the
file "xxxxx.CFG" for that online game built in your microSD card, open it and replace the value of the "GAMESAVE_KEY" with your private header info(Unique_ID), save it and enjoy your online play without
ban risk!
I think your answer relates to where and how to insert the private header whereas the OP is looking how to actually find a private header to insert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr