Hardware Unable to copy files from sd card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBombadont

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest CFW installed on my 3DS XL and I'm trying to backup my card to my PC. So I try and copy but every time it gets stuck on a certain file and just says copying for hours. Right now the file in is the Nintendo 3DS extdata folder which to my knowledge is important to backup. The file is 00000007 if that helps anyone.

I have no clue why this is happening, everything runs fine on my 3DS, I used chkdsk on the SD card and it found no problems. This is obviously infuriating as I've spent several hours at this point troubleshooting what should be just a simple copy and paste procedure. If anyone has any advice or has dealt with something like this before I would be extremely grateful.

UPDATE:

So I tried another chkdsk just to double check and apparently it found some errors this time and corrected them. So now I'm able to copy my entire sd card over EXCEPT for one specific important 3 GB large file in the Nintendo 3DS titles folder. I'm getting "unable to read file" on teracopy and this is literally the last thing I need to backup. Why is my sd card doing this? It's a brand new sandisk 32 GB SDHC card... I've only ever used it for my 3DS. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by TomBombadont,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.